Not a good week for Generals of the Modern British Army

Of course the Gurkhas are a different Army...... see how many days they get off with religious holidays? Ringing them and the phone don't answer---- religious holiday.

Cracking guys though.... just expect every binary question to be answered with a yes.

Remember that these are the soldiers that were going to leap out of an aircraft at 1,000 ft, and they asked the aircraft to be at 500 ft... "But your parachute won't open"...... "we get parachutes"?

Plus, you can get a lot more Gurkhas in a Chinook than Guardsmen.

Last edited:
Officers.... walked pass their patch one day and got roped into a medical emergency.... some female (The Ack Adjt) was having a violent epilectic fit on a sun bed (Which I treated, well lubricated that sun bed was) none of the buggers had a single idea...... apart from grabbing the first squaddie walking by,
The Med centre was only 125 Metres away, even a basic private would have sent someone to the Med centre.

Last edited:
Officers.... walked pass their patch one day and got roped into a medical emergency.... some female (The Ack Adjt) was having a violent epilectic fit on a sun bed (Which I treated, well lubricated that sun bed was) none of the buggers had a single idea...... apart from grabbing the first squaddie walking by,
The Med centre was only 125 Metres away, even a basic private would have sent someone to the Med centre.
Given that the patient was the unit slack vag, are you sure she wasn’t having an orgasm? Many a young make officer of the day would have had first hand experience and would simply have headed for the bar to refresh from their exertions.

Of course the Gurkhas are a different Army...... see how many days they get off with religious holidays? Ringing them and the phone don't answer---- religious holiday.

Cracking guys though.... just expect every binary question to be answered with a yes.

Remember that these are the soldiers that were going to leap out of an aircraft at 1,000 ft, and they asked the aircraft to be at 500 ft... "But your parachute won't open"...... "we get parachutes"?

Plus, you can get a lot more Gurkhas in a Chinook than Guardsmen.
In days gone by you also got a lot more Gurkha's in the back of the 4 tonner at Sennybridge than Guardsmen - in adverse conditions of course!
That said they looked after me superbly in Brunei during the Jungle Warfare Instructors course. Horses for courses I say!

Has been found not guilty at the CM.
Innocent, but with his name dragged through the mud, splashed all over the press & now immortalised because of the digital world we live in, yet her identity is protected for 'legal reasons'. Not fair.

Innocent, but with his name dragged through the mud, splashed all over the press & now immortalised because of the digital world we live in, yet her identity is protected for 'legal reasons'. Not fair.
Yes, unlike the MP who was detained a week ago.

Call me a bluff old traditionalist but I thought getting 'stolen by aliens' drunk was the preserve of 2Lts, not Majors...

What's worse for his reputation though?
the rape allegation
being so terrible in bed the girl couldn't remember doing him
him whining about being the victim here...

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
I agree, all get to be anonymous until after a conviction or nobody, if the person is found guilty then publicise their name.

Houseboy

Old-Salt
With the proviso that no-one in this squalid little tale comes out with any glory, why shouldn’t he offer the defence of intoxication? A common theme of rape allegations is that the female claims to be that drunk, she couldn’t have consented, therefore why not the opposite; he states he was that drunk, he didn’t know what was going on.

Surely if alcohol based amnesia is good for one, it’s good for all. I also bring to mind a similar case recently involving an RMP officer and some sexual shenanigans, are officers’ messes just frat houses now?

:) agreed
Which one is this? The decapitation or the grenade?

If the former, the individual went through civil court and served time on Lantau.

If the latter, IIRC they never caught the perpetrators
I'll confess to not knowing the answer to that, but I had no reason to doubt him, serious sort of chap that he was. But I guess the timing would have been 89-91 ish, does that fit with either?

With the proviso that no-one in this squalid little tale comes out with any glory, why shouldn’t he offer the defence of intoxication? A common theme of rape allegations is that the female claims to be that drunk, she couldn’t have consented, therefore why not the opposite; he states he was that drunk, he didn’t know what was going on.

Surely if alcohol based amnesia is good for one, it’s good for all. I also bring to mind a similar case recently involving an RMP officer and some sexual shenanigans, are officers’ messes just frat houses now?
As they say, many things can be preserved in alcohol, but dignity is not one of them.

He's only been questioned not charged therefore his name is not released.
Not charged, but he was arrested (and released), rather than asked to present himself at a police station to answer a few questions.

'The Metropolitan Police said it had launched an investigation into the allegations.

"On Friday, 31 July, the Metropolitan Police Service received allegations relating to four separate incidents involving allegations of sexual offences and assault," the force said in a statement.

"These offences are alleged to have occurred at addresses in Westminster, Lambeth and Hackney between July 2019 and January 2020.

"A man in his 50s was arrested on Saturday 1 August on suspicion of rape. He has been released on bail to return on a date in mid-August."

diverman

LE
Book Reviewer
Not charged, but he was arrested (and released), rather than asked to present himself at a police station to answer a few questions.

'The Metropolitan Police said it had launched an investigation into the allegations.

"On Friday, 31 July, the Metropolitan Police Service received allegations relating to four separate incidents involving allegations of sexual offences and assault," the force said in a statement.

"These offences are alleged to have occurred at addresses in Westminster, Lambeth and Hackney between July 2019 and January 2020.

"A man in his 50s was arrested on Saturday 1 August on suspicion of rape. He has been released on bail to return on a date in mid-August."

And that is the saliennt point, not charged.

Latest Threads