Nostalgia

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by pongo6863, Feb 2, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. It's not what it was, but it will be one day!

I've been having a wallow. Thanks to BTJunkie.org I've been able downloaded the whole of ‘Journey into Space’ and a few ‘Paul Temple’ radio shows. As a kid the street cleared when one of these was on. =-D

On top of that I received ‘Wings’ the ’70s TV series about the RFC in WWI and ‘Count Duckula the Complete Collection’ - which I'd only ever seen in German - for Christmas. :nod:

As yet I can't find any episodes of 'Dick Barton, Special Agent! :sad:

Are there any TV or radio shows that you'd like to watch/hear again?

2. How about round the Horne ,get to hear it on radio 7 quite a bit, a little dated in some parts but still funny.

3. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

"Round the Horne"? Good grief!! I hope my wireless can find Radio 7 ... I've only got it as far as Radio 4 recently. :-D

As for "Journey into Spaaaaace" ... I used to listen as a kid on a pair of old WW2 headphones :nod:

4. blue-sophist

blue-sophist LE Good Egg (charities)

5. Digital ,worth it just for radio 7.

6. I've just been watching Rag Tag and Bobtail on Youtube.
    Now that's real quality nostalgia.
    cheers
    Scratch

7. Dick Barton was brilliant and to be honest I cannot remember any other progs from that era except for 2 way family favourites.
    When we eventually got TV just before I joined up, I was quite content to dribble in front of The Potter Wheel.

8. The Navy Lark,Sunday afternoons,brilliant show!

9. AlienFTM

AlienFTM LE Book Reviewer

I remember Muffin the Mule ... but they never caught me.

Oh yes the old ones are still the oldest.

10. Probably meaningless unless your Scots but I used to come home from school just to watch Larry Marshall and the One O'Clock Gang (with Fransie and Josie) every weekday during the late fifties.

And who remembers Lennie the Lion

later on there was Fireball XL5 with Robbie the Robot and Stingray with Captain Troy Tempest and the gorgeous Aqua Marina (I didn't half fancy her - even though she was just a puppet - she was much more better looking than Lady Penelope !)

How about Four Feather Falls as Well ?

11. Negligent-Discharge

Negligent-Discharge LE Book Reviewer

Blakes 7

The Cointreau adverts from the 70s.... my mate's Mum looked like her and I used to.... well, you know.

Radio 4's ‘I’m Sorry I Haven't A Clue’ - anyone know if the Beeb have copies of the show? Happy memories of cooking Sunday lunch whilst p*ssing myself laughing and slowly getting drunk.

12. The Goon Show(s) are available in podcast format but that may be a wee bit space aged for this forum. >:>