Nostalgia is not what it used to be.

Discussion in 'Old & Bold' started by old_fat_and_hairy, Oct 1, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

2. I wonder what Alf would make of modern athletics, with its preening and narcissistic participants, their cheating and protesting, legal challenges, sponsors and advertising. Big business.

It'd be nice to see him whup the arse off "role models" like Chambers and Christie. Heh. Fish 'n' Chips vs. THG and Nandrolone.

I always thought Coe was a weasel, but fair play to the man he was straight in athletics. Maybe Alf should be elevated to the peerage.

3. He'd lose.

4. £9.09! Used to cost 2d a week, nostalgia certainly doesn't come cheap nowadays.

5. old_fat_and_hairy

old_fat_and_hairy LE Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

On the same page on the Amazon site are some rather nice other comic books. Shame I can't blag them for review purposes!

6. 'Course he would. He's 81. Still a better welder than either of those two, though.

• Like Like x 1
  7. As a welder Alf would have been unemployed for decades so more time for training - he'd leave the modern pansies in his dust.

8. DieHard

DieHard LE Book Reviewer

D Day Dawson would beat anyone..after all he has a bullet next to his heart and a VC he would be closely followed by his mate union Jack Jackson showing the us marines how to fight properly :cool:

9. Fiesta,readers wives.thats my cup of nostalgia.used to enjoy the comics untill one day I found a well used issue of fiesta.never looked back since.

10. TheIronDuke

TheIronDuke LE Book Reviewer

I have never met a man called Alf that I did not want to twat.

11. I don't think he could of took the turk,or that nasty twat dancer out of rat pack.saying that judge dredd would of fucked the lot.

12. Mates rates fix ;)