Nostalgia aint what it used to be!

Discussion in 'Int Corps' started by Bound_Apprentice, Sep 17, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Peeps

Spurred on by Notnowbernard gazing rosily at all things passed I am reminded of some photos of Templer Bks that were published a few years ago, showing the buildings all overgrown.

It fair brought a tear to my impish eye at the time, so I wonder, do they still exist? and will the owner/custodian republish them for the benefit of myself, and perhaps the exceedingly nostalgic NNB?

I am sure they would be enjoyed once again by all!

Thanks

2. Oooooooh yes, please do publish said pics whoever you are............anyone else have any photos we can look at?

(Does this nostalgia loving condition wear off after you've been on the site a bit? :? )

3. The buildings are no more,it is now turning into one big housing estate,with its own Waitrose supermarket,just behind Repton Manor. :(

Part of Rowcroft is still active as a TA unit,but that's about it,sorry fellas. :)

4. Sorry Roofrat, perhaps I was not clear.

I know that Templer as we knew it is not there anymore, but about 3 or 4 years ago, someone published some pictures of Templer showing how overgrown it had become. I am sure that I had seen them on this site. I was hoping that perhaps, whoever it was would publish them again.

Fingers crossed!

5. I have them somwhere. I'll have scan around my mess of a hard drive and then try and publish them later tonight.

6. Cheers fella - my dew flaps are quivvering in anticipation!

7. My apologies sir. :oops:

8. As it is now:

[​IMG]

Still looking for old ones. Memory ai't what it used to be. Now where's my slippers

9. [​IMG]

Repton Park estate (oh dear, oh dear, oh dear).

Still looking for old ones though I really should be more organised.

10. Nope, sorry, can't find them. I might have to dig some old backup discs from the attic at the weekend. I'm sure I have got them somewhere.

11. Sorry to intrude onto a Corps board, but the folks on this website:

http://www.28dayslater.co.uk/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5

go poking around, doing reports and taking photos of all sorts of derelict, overgrown establishments, such as asylums and disused Army barracks. I searched for words such as Templar, Ashford, overgrown, without finding much, but you might have more luck ..... as you know what you're looking for.

12. Cheers Bovvy, they are a fairly niche bunch aren't they? I am putting all my faith in Bonzo Dog or any of the others that were on the site a few years ago.

13. im sure the photos were posted on this board. if you're willing to trawl through the threads (look for titles with paper clips attached) then you might strike lucky.

think it was about three years ago, maybe more...