Discussion in 'Health and Fitness' started by NigG, Mar 31, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Has anyone tried this?

I was given a sachet from GNC and it turned me into a monster. Undoubtably the best training session I've ever had, but I'm sure anything this potent can't be good for you.

Does anyone know how it works?

2. From

Carbonated water, high fructose corn syrup, citric acid, taurine, sodium citrate, natural passion fruit flavor with other natural flavors, l-carnitine, caffeine, sodium hexametaphosphate, inositol, monopotassium phosphate, gum arabic, sodium benzoate, potassium sorbate, ester gum, panax ginseng root extract, calcium disodium salt of EDTA, sucralose, pyridoxine hydrochloride (vitamin B6), yellow 5#, yellow 6#, cyanocobalamin (vitamin B12) [2][3]

Active Ingredients 16 oz. can 22 oz. bottle
    Taurine 2000mg 2750mg
    L-Carnitine 400mg 550mg
    Caffeine 260mg 357mg
    Inositol 200mg 274mg
    Panax Ginseng 100mg 136mg

Then you can follow the links to all the active stuff
    Carnitine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
  3. I bought some of that after watching Top Gear, the one where they got an old Jag to do the quarter mile in under 10 seconds.

I poured it in my fuel tank, and it did **** all! In fact I would go as far as to say that the performance decreased!! I know! DECREASED!!

The exhaust fumes did smell a bit nicer, but I'll still not go near is's pants.
  4. Pretty much the same as red bull and other such drinks. No it isnt going to be great for your health in the long term or in high doses. But then on the other hand, if you only take it before training and lay off the caffiene the rest of the time you should be ok.