Norwich Detachment, 254 Field Ambulance TA, anyone know them?

Discussion in 'Professionally Qualified, RAMC and QARANC' started by nate4077, Jun 18, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello,

Looking to join the above mentioned unit but not been getting reply to my emails or someone to answer the phone. Does anyone know anything about them?

I would really like to join as an ODP. I

2. Have you tried ringing 2 Med Bde in York.
  3. Right chaps.

1 - it is no longer a Detachment and hasn't been since about 2005. You are almost certainly not emailing the right people. I suspect you're looking at some old webpage. Yellow pages is more up to date than many army websites sadly.

2 - it became "A Sqn, 254 Medical Regiment" and has nothing to do with 2 Med Bde.

3 - Call the Sqn Admin Officer on 01603 429086. He's a nice chap and will be able to answer all your questions.

4 - if that doesn't work, send an email to the email address I'm going to PM you. A Sqn absolutely would not ignore you as they, like every other TA unit, are keen to recruit.

4. thank you, I will ping another email as I have just noticed I used is slightly different.
  5. I have PM`d you the number for recruiting at CVHQ in York also
  6. thanks guys, just had an email back and they could only let join as a CMT and not an ODP. Gutted to be honest but onwards and upwards.
  7. I'm surprised to hear that. I had some dealings with a few guys from that unit not long ago and I assumed from what they were saying that they would have welcomed a qualified ODP with open arms.
  8. I was gutted but I guess they only need what they are required to deploy.
  9. Out of interest, are you currently in practice or not? I'd have thought that a fully trained and current ODP would have been more deployable than a CMT(V) in the prevailing Healthcare Governance environment.
  10. yeah, newly qualified admittedly but qualified and building experience that I think would be useful in Afghan or anywhere else.
  11. There is a new unit that is national and takes people from all over the country to act as a pool of personnel.

Ring that number. I pm'd you. There are ODP vacancies in the TA.

Med regt do not have ODP. Speak to
    CVHQ recruiting as i said and you may get in another unit
  12. Out of curiousity, would this unit have any connection to 257 which has/had dets in Harrow, DOY Chelsea, and Norwich?
    • Like Like x 1
  13. will give it a look cokecan. Just a shame Norwich is a bit isolated compared to other places as it limits where I can travel to. Not going to give up just yet and I appreciate the help.
  14. All I know from what I've heard is that it's made up of people from all over the country and acts as a pool to
    Backstop other units deploying. I know an ODP who is part of it. He does his MATTS with a local TA unit though.
  15. Brilliant, fingers crossed! Will call them this week. I have my surgical assessment this week so just getting that stress out the way first.