Norwegian NH90 problems

Apart from the fact UH 60s crash with somewhat alarming regularity

3 crashes in a year with no background sounds disturbing.

The question had to be asked thro. What were all 3 helicopters doing ? What was the root cause of each crash ? What differences are there in maintenance and servicing between ANG and regular use ? What's the crash rate in regular service? Are there any differences that can be pin pointed ?

@Kitmarlowe

You get an honorary excellent and invite to join the next investigation of the AACIC for that post.

(Arrse Aircraft Crash Investigation Committee)

Next time however, please make sweeping generalizations of the crashes in lieu of the evidence you suggest is required.

@Kitmarlowe

You get an honorary excellent and invite to join the next investigation of the AACIC for that post.

Next time however, please make sweeping generalizations of the crashes in lieu of the evidence you suggest is required.

Sorry

It's completely clear to me from my living room that the 3 crashes were as a result of a Sino-Soviet plot from a secret base in Ireland to discredit Trump by making it seem Biden fell up a flight of stairs thereby distracting the pilots as they were busy wetting themselves laughing at memes on their smartphones.

Honest.

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Sorry

It's completely clear to me from my living room that the 3 crashes were as a result of a Sino-Soviet plot from a secret base in Ireland to discredit Trump by making it seem Biden fell up a flight of stairs thereby distracting the pilots as they were busy wetting themselves laughing at memes on their smartphones.

Honest.
No, it was Brexit white fragility aliens.

Yokel

LE
@Kitmarlowe

Professor Dr Admiral His Lordship PhotEx Dada, formerly of ARRSE, says it is all a lie as American aircraft never crash, never go wrong, and never need spares. A helicopter with an endurance of three and a half hours can fly the same mission as a no American one with an endurance of five hours.

He also says BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...

Cold_Collation

LE
Book Reviewer
Professor Dr Admiral His Lordship PhotEx Dada, formerly of ARRSE, says it is all a lie as American aircraft never crash, never go wrong, and never need spares. A helicopter with an endurance of three and a half hours can fly the same mission as a no American one with an endurance of five hours.

He also says BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH...
They certainly don't get delivered with them at the declared prices. Nor engines, wheels, doors etc.

They certainly don't get delivered with them at the declared prices. Nor engines, wheels, doors etc.

Yer not wrong.
A lot falls under the "government furnished" blanket. They just sell the airframe. The bits that make it fly or go pew pew pew at the enemy are not supplied by the maker.

Well that was a bit of a tongue in cheek mention of the wildcat, but I work on them and they are difficult to get out of the hangar door.
Is that coz they break down frequently or we went easy on suffiecient spares ?
I could be well wrong, by I reckon we don't get the spares holding for a lot of gear coz we won't pay up front for it, which leaves the b@ggers that have to do the spanner work robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Sticky847

Clanker
Is that coz they break down frequently or we went easy on suffiecient spares ?
I could be well wrong, by I reckon we don't get the spares holding for a lot of gear coz we won't pay up front for it, which leaves the b@ggers that have to do the spanner work robbing Peter to pay Paul.
Both, not very robust in some areas and a massive black hole where the spares should be.

Both, not very robust in some areas and a massive black hole where the spares should be.
No change their then. Yet You would think with a proven airframe to build on the next generation would be more robust. Always liked the naval lynx and was told that the more they flew the better.

Sticky847

Clanker
No change their then. Yet You would think with a proven airframe to build on the next generation would be more robust. Always liked the naval lynx and was told that the more they flew the better.
Some parts are good, engines are superb with only the ancillaries being a pain, hydraulics, flying controls and most of the transmission is lynx and mostly good, can’t get some bits unless we nick from a more deader cab.

Meanwhile, Australia will dispose of its Black Hawks but will keep its MRH 90s

Good lord. There was I under the impression that Blackhawks were beyond question.

Yet last year the SF branch of the ADF decided the Special Ops MRH 90 was not suitable for the role

Those are old birds. Suspect the Aussies have learned the lesson of hanging onto things beyond their sell-by date (Sea King HAS50).

Latest Threads