Norwegian Frigate Collision, Trident Juncture

Last edited:
Are you suggesting this steaming pile of poop posted by Grey Fox is an opportunistic collection of anti NATO likes?

Norwegian frigate damaged in collision with Greek Aframax tanker, crew evacuated Update frigate to blame

Anyone would think someone is trying to undermine public confidence.
That articles Genius know no start
I can only guess whatever chimps been bashing away at the keyboard has done so without even a cursory glance at the news

Bow damaged - going down at the bows, which of course fits perfectly with the Navy is to blame narrative

Its just a shame that even the fuzziest image clearly shows an undamaged bow and sunken stern - which for comedy value they've included.

"Whatever the situation and ships positions were according to COLREG, Navy is the main culprit. "

There you go. No need to obey the regs. Case closed!

seaweed

LE
Book Reviewer
And a reminder to all hands of the dangers of the sea ..

Bouillabaisse

LE
Book Reviewer
I'd say she's pretty near my definition of sunk. Fiver says most of the injured were impact damage as she went ashore at speed.

Found a bigger pic

After the investigation I would guess that Ingstad will be stripped of all servicable parts. Transfering them too the 5th Frigate permanentely laid up at Haakonsvern. this was used for spare parts.Suddenly it has to become part of the NATO Orbat. Cheapest bidder may look good on the books, but when parts have to be bought from three different continents, the you have a problem. My company might be busy for the next few months?

So she was holed on or below the waterline and the tugs have pushed her damaged section out out of the waterline? At least they can salvage her.

Last edited:
After the investigation I would guess that Ingstad will be stripped of all servicable parts. Transfering them too the 5th Frigate permanentely laid up at Haakonsvern. this was used for spare parts.Suddenly it has to become part of the NATO Orbat. Cheapest bidder may look good on the books, but when parts have to be bought from three different continents, the you have a problem. My company might be busy for the next few months?
So 2/5 of Norway's frigates are u/s? Incidents like this help illustrate the lack of depth to Europe's naval forces (no pun intended). It is worrying, frankly.

I'd say she's pretty near my definition of sunk. Fiver says most of the injured were impact damage as she went ashore at speed.
I'd agree about the sunk bit. Being full of water and not under her own power, then only poking out of the water because there are rocks underneath. Seems fairly conclusive. Oops.

If she was at anchor / not under way at the time of the collision then there must have been some very quick work to beach the vessel like that. It will help salvage activities, probably. In the time lapse, I hope the sudden sinking and listing was not because the tugs ripped another hole in the hull, on a particularly inconvenient rock....

ugly

LE
This can be useful, the norgy navy qm can claim all sorts were on board. Just how many helicopters were on board?

This can be useful, the norgy navy qm can claim all sorts were on board. Just how many helicopters were on board?
Six. Plus all the spares and maintenance kit for their entire navy heli-force. It was also carrying three submarines. Unfortunately the bill of lading was destroyed by water damage, but . . .

Latest Threads