• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Norwegian Airforce Heads North

Today I saw (at 1330ish)....
A group of Norwegian Airforce Planes flying NE, low and fast out of Bergen.
Ordinarily I would not be worried but..
a. They were in a big fecking hurry.
b. They were so low that you could see the armaments/missles underneath.
c. There were 10 of them. 8O
d. They were heading North East.

If WWIII kicks of, then I have a ring side seat. Bugger. :x

SK

SKJOLD said:
Today I saw (at 1330ish)....
A group of Norwegian Airforce Planes flying NE, low and fast out of Bergen.
Ordinarily I would not be worried but..
a. They were in a big fecking hurry.
b. They were so low that you could see the armaments/missles underneath.
c. There were 10 of them. 8O
d. They were heading North East.

If WWIII kicks of, then I have a ring side seat. Bugger. :x

SK
I'm gonna go out on a limb here.

July 20th
http://www.f-16.net/news_article2434.html

August 17th
http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory?id=3565641

September
http://www.iht.com/articles/ap/2007/09/06/europe/EU-GEN-Norway-Russia-Bombers.php

Perhaps it was more pesky Russian bombers flying about trying to show us how big Putins johnson is.

Given the cutbacks in the Royal Norwegian Air Force over the last decade or so,I would say you saw a vast proportion of their active fighters in one go.

Perhaps using their monthly flying allocation upin one go,so they can all go home for Christmas early.

Hi Skjold!

Actually, there were eight of them, and they flew in a star-formation all over Norway (Ørland-Bodø-Oslo-Rygge-Skien-Bergen).

338. SQNs annual Christmas salute to the kingdom, been done since the fifties.

And yes, sadly, it was a large part of RNoAFs operational fighters.

Merry Christmas from a mod at Arrses smaller Norwegian cousin.

Mountain-Monkey said:
Hi Skjold!

Actually, there were eight of them, and they flew in a star-formation all over Norway (Ørland-Bodø-Oslo-Rygge-Skien-Bergen).

338. SQNs annual Christmas salute to the kingdom, been done since the fifties.

And yes, sadly, it was a large part of RNoAFs operational fighters.

Merry Christmas from a mod at Arrses smaller Norwegian cousin.
Spoil Sport, Id just bought popcorn aswell. :D

SK

Sorry about that!
Lots of other "friendly" show of forces going on to worry about..

http://www.dagbladet.no/nyheter/2007/12/11/520894.html

This picture was taken by a norwegian offshore worker yesterday.. Admiral Kuznetsov complete with support group suddenly turned up in the middle of the rigs outside Bergen, complete with overhead cover, leading to all helo-flights being cancelled/returned until they left the area, the pilots at one time claiming to have fighters "below their helicopter".

Protests have been delivered.

That a huge oil spill during transfer from rig to tanker accidentally happened a bit later in the day was purely coincidence....

/tinfoil-hat off.

B

Biscuits_AB

That's the problem with the commie b*stards. Always taking the wind up that bit further. Be a right c*nt of the Norgies shoot something down eh?

Mountain-Monkey said:
or arresting our trawlers at whim due to "new rules"...
Speaking to an "old and bold" colleague today with various connections within the Norwegian Navy. He was telling me that over the years a fairly high number of Norwegian Trawlers had disappeared, while fishing in the Norh Sea. Often while a Russian or Polish Sub was suspected of being in the area.

Also how Russian Subs would and still do, sneak into the Søgn and Hardanger Fjords. He said it was the perfect Hide, watch and Ambush point for submarines. (fecked if I know, Im not a submariner)
With a knowing look in his eyes, he also mentioned that Norwegian Subs would never or be allowed to do the same in Russian waters.

Dave