northern lites

Discussion in 'OTC and ACF' started by bergen_humper, Apr 27, 2003.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. ahhh yet another year over and many more attempts by the organising jocks to cheat their way to victory :eek:, and though some were spotted they still managed to convince us that they did win!! :mad: :mad:
    but wot the hell,tankards aren`t that bad, oh and for any aberdeen rugby players, that was never crossing!!!! :mad: :mad:

2. nice to see that somethings never change......

3. tankards?  looked in my bag this morning and have one for being a ref and one for female  rugby!   :-/

4. Believe it or not I was on a NL team the year that the jocks couldn't cheat their way to victory (not through lack of trying)

Comiserations to the team that should have one (according to all who were there)

5. yep me too whinge, and a merry few days alcoholism was enjoyed by all think i left the bar bout mid afternoon tuesday! 8) that trophy hold quite a bit of champers!!!! terribly terribly drunk!

6. Does any of the scots OTCs know that most of QUOTC pissed in the trophy before we handed it back?

No?

Should I have kept that fact quiet...

7. So QUOTC knew they weren't going to win it again (suppose you couldn't get the sympathy vote two years running) :p

8. Ahhh, the year QUOTC won. The storemen played the sash on the sidelines as we played rugby, other teams had women footballers that looked like/were men and didn't we win the Queens Cup the same year? I think so!

Two final points -

- I think we did more than piss in some of the trophies before handing them back.

- Who won the rugby this year and what trophy did they get presented  ;D ? Pity we shat on all the teams last year in the 7's, Edinburgh by 50 points and benders in the final by 30 points.

9. You didn't do anything to the rugby teams this year, you didn't even get close.
    But you still have last years memories I suppose.

10. I have last years rugby trophy!

Pride and place on my toilet window.

11. well if beating Edinbugh 47-0 wasn't even close i guess 3 wins and a draw, isn't good enough apparently not even close so i suppose we'll just have to try harder , i know the scottish one's got an easy let off this year, i don't think the ref even knew what sport was being played , and thats not only in our games,that is a general observation, i was also on last years team which kicked ass , how many tries did we conceed , yeah 1 in the tournament , didn't want to embarass scotland 2 years running,but next year we will have a practice session before coming over and show you how rugby is really played

12. Well no matter how well Queens do at the rugby they always get shafted at everything else because the jocks (well probably more the english) cheat like ****.

Been to NL twice and saw it both times...every year something new to feck the Ulstermen/women about with.

Trust M-squared to catch them out one year at their little tricks.

Just can't accept that the ones from ulster are the better soldiers/rugby players/hockey/everything than them.

For soldiering just remember Tim Collins speech to the 1st Bn Royal Irish. Defining moment of the war. Only Comical Ali's Daily Stand-up routine comes close to being as memorable.

The (Northern) Irish - Nobody does it better!

13. I SO-OO agree with that........!! :-*

14. Northern Lights, aahhh memories!  Best bit was the coach ride from Belfast.  Can't ever remember arriving at Cultybraggan sober.  Not that's what I call preparation! Often wondered about the paradox of having scottish OTC's with no scots in them.  Tayforth = N. Irish who fancied 3/4 years away from home.  Aberdeen/Strathclyde/Edinburgh = English people in kilts?  Never quite got that one.  ???  
    Gingerbloke - You're right, nobody does it better than us - not that I'm biased  ;D

15. Hmmmm..... well, the team that got consistently the most spectators was Edinburgh's womens' rugby team :) Pretty well undefeated for the last three Northern Lights, and living proof that your statement is, err, incorrect.

And having talked to the last few people in the bar on the Friday, there weren't many Queens' there, so you must have peaked on the bus journey......