Northern Ireland - Whats It Like For Soldiers?

Discussion in 'The Lamp and Sandbag II - The Tall Story Strikes B' started by diehard57, May 30, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Remember this little booklet?

[​IMG]

This one went for £32 on ebay yesterday :?

2. i wonder how much i would get for my south armagh montage(or how ever you spell it) cards!?? :)

3. In a word

No

Did my first tour in 1975, my last in 1991

What did I miss? Hope it wasn't important.

4. yup !! you are old!! :)

5. That's one fact I haven't overlooked.

I take it this little booklet is a recent publication - I'm curious to know (a) when and (b) FFS - why?

6. not something i remember!! perhaps its a booklet handed out by that old dear that used to meet and greet at aldergrove!??

7. Did we have books in 1975 ?........all I can remember is a yellow card and tennants beer with girlies

8. How dare you sir!!! i married and copulated those girlies and all six became my wives!! :D

fook the yellow card that was bollox!! :)

9. Never. they were my first and only loves....they told me they would never be unfaithfull !!!

10. i was about to say ! we will get them on jeremy kyle and sort this out !! but i reckon the girls will be well and truly old or dead by now! :lol:
    time to move on i suppose! :cry:

11. Guess you are right.....but I miss them oh how I miss them................. still wonder if they are kicking aound :?

12. It was raining most of the times I was there.

13. I have it on good authority that it's cold and rainy. Especially at night.

14. I's also dark, at night, particularly in Belfast.

15. But the postal system seems to be on the ball. At least, a letter with your name on it gets delivered pretty quickly.