Northern Ireland Veterans Association

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Punch, May 5, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. On 12th September this year the annual memorial service of the Association will be held at the National Memorial Arboretum.
    It will be in honour of all those who took part in Operation Banner and will commemorate those who made the Supreme Sacrifice.
    Perhaps those who have details of specific arrangements or RV's of Associations for this day could pass them on to ensure the largest possible turnout.

2. nice one punch. i live minutes from the arboretum, so it's in my diary thanks to you!

3. Punch will do a cascade and try to get a few serving & retired members of the Regt. Take it the RUC (George Cross) Association would be welcome as I raise money for our RUC Families & Widows.

4. Yes Killaloe - everyone is welcome who has served in any way, including RUC(GC)/PSNI, Prison Service, Fire Service, Medical - indeed everyone and their families who have in some way supported their men and womenfolk who put their lives at risk during those years.
    Accommodation might be a problem so book this early (marco_poloroid might be able to suggest suitable places - perhaps he has a large garden which would hold lots of bivvi bags!).

5. An outdoor service will be held in the Amphitheatre, followed by a parade down to the Ulster Ash Grove for a wreath-laying ceremony. Everybody is invited including other Associations with their standards.

6. spike7451

spike7451 RIP

Punch,
    Check pm