Northern Ireland - The British Connection?

The US believe the NI Protocol is vital to maintaining peace..

But the UVF no longer recognises the Belfast Agreement due to the NI Protocol. The UVF of course being one of the negotiators under the guise of the Progressive Unionist Party and the PUP signed the Belfast Agreement.

The Yanks can go ****.

Let’s remember the DUP walked out of GFA talks

And was the only major party to campaign against it!

Let’s remember the DUP walked out of GFA talks

And was the only major party to campaign against it!
They opposed any peace agreement that included PIRA in government from my recollection.

Of course they then went into government with them.

Anyway.. the point was that the NI Protocol is supposed to be keeping the peace in Northern Ireland, but you have the most violent Loyalist organisation from the troubles now completely opposing the Peace Process because of the protocol.

They opposed any peace agreement that included PIRA in government from my recollection.

Of course they then went into government with them.

Anyway.. the point was that the NI Protocol is supposed to be keeping the peace in Northern Ireland, but you have the most violent Loyalist organisation from the troubles now completely opposing the Peace Process because of the protocol.

The DUP (and UVF) weren’t particularly wed to it in the first place

The DUP (and UVF) weren’t particularly wed to it in the first place
The UVF were so against to the GFA that the PUP signed the Belfast Agreement?

Funny how they have repeatedly raised their heads since 1998
What have they done since 1998 that puts them against the Belfast Agreement?

Have they openly targeted Nationalists?
Have they openly targeted Republicans?

Dreamseller

War Hero
That's the Housing Executive, well known for their intelligence unit. Not. All that NIHE confirmed was that she told them.
That differs from what I read which was that the NIHE informed her of the threat. I believe other catholic families went to NIHE with allegations of intimidation etc, but not that woman.

That differs from what I read which was that the NIHE informed her of the threat. I believe other catholic families went to NIHE with allegations of intimidation etc, but not that woman.

It's a tactic to get a move if you're not eligible under "normal" criteria. Get one of your mates to phone/write to the NIHE anonymously and say you're too scared to do anything yourself is one way to do it. NIHE are obliged to act, and tell the tenant.

When I was in the NICS I was seconded to NIHE for a time, I got to hear about various goings-on.

Dreamseller

War Hero
It's a tactic to get a move if you're not eligible under "normal" criteria. Get one of your mates to phone/write to the NIHE anonymously and say you're too scared to do anything yourself is one way to do it. NIHE are obliged to act, and tell the tenant.

When I was in the NICS I was seconded to NIHE for a time, I got to hear about various goings-on.
Ah fair enough, cheers for the info

Ah fair enough, cheers for the info

I was with Fraud & Prosecutions for a while too. That was actually quite good fun. Nice bunch, although they did think they were The Sweeney. I was on a project to identify misuse of Motability vehicles. They asked for me as I was one of the few people who knew how to operate the very fiddly, early digital camera!

One of the people caught on was a nephew of well-known Shinner Alex Maskey. The guy was using his mate's "DLA car" as an illegal minicab. A mighty Hyundai Accent, no less :D:rolleyes:

I was with Fraud & Prosecutions for a while too. That was actually quite good fun. Nice bunch, although they did think they were The Sweeney. I was on a project to identify misuse of Motability vehicles. They asked for me as I was one of the few people who knew how to operate the very fiddly, early digital camera!

One of the people caught on was a nephew of well-known Shinner Alex Maskey. The guy was using his mate's "DLA car" as an illegal minicab. A mighty Hyundai Accent, no less :D:rolleyes:
This must be you - posing. No sound, but I reckon the instruction is 'This is the button, you press the button' - not too far off a Celtic FC training session [substitute button with ball and press with kick]. :cool:

1652535926931.png

It wasn't far off that size, as it goes. Sony camera that took a floppy disc. You had to arrse about with the shutter button, which had 2 detents before the click. You had to hit the second one and wait for it to beep (to tell you it was focussed) and then click. Optical viewfinder only. Even the photos that were focussed were crap (0.3MP IIRC).
They went back to 35mm and someone who actually knew how to operate a camera.

It wasn't far off that size, as it goes. Sony camera that took a floppy disc. You had to arrse about with the shutter button, which had 2 detents before the click. You had to hit the second one and wait for it to beep (to tell you it was focussed) and then click. Optical viewfinder only. Even the photos that were focussed were crap (0.3MP IIRC).
They went back to 35mm and someone who actually knew how to operate a camera.
I seem to recall that Sony needed a post-shoot procedure to finalize the images on disk before you could actually see them or print them. Its big draw was the storage size when the best of the rest were using 1.44 disks. Looking back, and its not that long ago, the stuff was breathtakingly brilliant, but comparatively rubbish. I was in the Middle East at the time, getting paid funny money and was able to grab the next best thing from what was effectively a USA driven camera market.

I must have tried them all before settling on the wonderful Fuji S1 and its phenomenal Five Megapixel images! I stuck with fuji for years afterwards because of that camera, but went on to Nikon, then Sony and finally back to Panasonic because the Nikon weighed too much and the Sony demanded too high a price for the glass. I am collecting Brownie points these days to sweet talk Mrs Kinch into letting me acquire a Z7 II - thus far I have managed a 'we'll see'.

Last April it was reported that they were threatening a Catholic woman and told her to leave her home. The NIHE confirmed it.
The bird in the Cregagh Estate?

If it's the same one, she was allowing her house to be used by housebreakers from outside the area.

I've no sympathy for her.

The bird in the Cregagh Estate?

If it's the same one, she was allowing her house to be used by housebreakers from outside the area.

I've no sympathy for her.

Exact same thing happened in Monsktown about 5 years ago. Some woman's boyfriend from The Markets was staying with her. Sudden spate of thefts from vehicles, caravans and garages.

Latest Threads