Northern Ireland Deployments

Discussion in 'Military History and Militaria' started by themonsstar, Sep 2, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting.
  2. Very sad reading that, most of those regiments don't exist now.....progress or what
  3. What is even sadder is the incompetant that wrote it.

The document is littered with references to

1,2,3 & 4 Royal Transport Regiments, as opposed to Royal Tank Regiments.

4. So who are these "Mercian" people, then?
  5. Also it is wrong in that the Kings Own Royal Border Regiment were RB in Ballykinlar a lot earlier than Nov 1972. I remember them at Ebrington covering the handover from the Anglians to the Royal Welch in March of that year.
  6. :lol: :lol: :lol: made my day that
  7. I see no link to the R Sigs Units at all.

Maybe I just dreamed my 2 years in Ebrington :?
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Nothing on the West belfast Bns before sept 83? I was there may to sept 83 as were many before me!
    No Units in Omagh before the Queens, what about the Cav units that used to use it?
    Totally incomplete list!
  9. I have demanded the name of the incompetant in question from the MoD under the FOI Act, then I'll decide whos tail to set fire to.
  10. The list is to put it bluntly bollox,whilst it gives an overview, the fact that someone cannot get the names correct, or even have a correct list, and works in the MOD shows how much our service there was valued.

None of my tours are on there, nor mention of the units i was attached to,or units that where there before or frigging after. Years seem to be missing, have they lost who was there,and its a question really???
  11. Quite so, it's the fact that the MoD is not competant enough to produce an accurate document that really galls.
  12. All above points agreed - 'MoD' and 'competent' aren't natural bedfellows. And memory may be playing tricks, but wasn't there a resident bn in Omagh before Nov 82?
  13. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Certainly was although it was a cav posting.