North Korean Gongs

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by No_Direction, Aug 30, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've seen some blokes with alot of tinware before, but this is taking the piss..

They've got so many bastard medals and awards that they've actually run out of space and are pinning them on their legs...

The part that really disturbs me is.. well.. it's North Korea, who the closest they've come to fighting in foreign lands (to my knowlege) is threatening the South and the US a couple of times a year, mincing around with thier Soviet era wepaons and throwing a parade in every other week. What do they possibly do to get awarded all that lot? Make it to the toilet on time? Nodding in agreement with the Dear Leader more then 50 times consecutively?

Apologies if this has been done already..
  2. Well done Trigger, been done before!

3. It's been done before in the Un-ally thread and it's fake.

Although there are still quite a lot of medals on the real picture.

4. Ah right, my bad.

Still.. makes you wonder what sort of crazy things the regime must award for.
  5. Nearly as many as Tropper, although his 'patrolling during a dark rainy night in Belfast' medal is the size of Jodrell Bank's Lovell telescope.
    • Like Like x 2
  6. Hmm.. don't they look like the old "horse brasses"?
  7. So it's not body armour?
  8. Judging by the quantity it might as well be..

However I cant imagine Nork manufacture quality is all that good, they're probaby knocked up using leftover foil from chocolate coins you get at christmas.
  9. RP578

RP578 LE Book Reviewer

Read it and weep: List of border incidents involving North Korea - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Surprising number of US KIA in the 1960s and 1970s too.
  10. To be fair, I'd imagine that being a North Korean General must be a pretty fucking dangerous occupation.

I'd wager they're far more scared of their boss than the average Tom is of the Taliban.
  11. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

The fat fruitcake has allegedly just sacked his CDS equivalent.
  12. There's obviously a shortage of Pikeys in North Korea!
  13. I think they're actually old RCT cap badges. When we got rid of them did we sell the cap badges to the NK's?
  14. No doubt he is in transit to his new appointment as the mortar impact area inspector......