North Korean food crisis

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by HectortheInspector, Jun 19, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. seaweed

seaweed LE Book Reviewer

With all dictatorships resources are prioritised on the power structure. As long as NK's bloated armed forces that keep the Whateverheis Leader in power are fed, I don't suppose he gives two beans for the rest of the peasantry. The starving people will be told it's all our fault. If anything, the greater the domestic crisis, the greater the perceived need for an external enemy who can be blamed. Stand by for more casual aggression, not less, particularly as NK seems to have got away with blatantly torpedoing an SK warship on its lawful occasions.

2. Exactly- and the Falklands war is a good example of a dictatorship in the brown and smelly looking for a popular cause to distract an increasingly cheesed-off population.

3. NK likes to manufacture external trouble as a smokescreen for internal reorganisations. Kim is getting on a bit and is in poor health, and they recently reshuffled their government after the currency fiasco.

They seem to have done this now, so I am expecting them to start waving the olive branch soon. China doesn't really want the NK's to go psycho and start a war, so I expect diplomacy will shortly take effect, and the temperature will drop.

4. There's no food crisis at all. This ordinary peasant bloke seems to have plenty of food.

[​IMG]

Fuck you Deria Smiff!

5. Some of the food that they eat is, frankly, disgusting. We should cull the pigeons in our cities and donate them for the N Koreans to eat. Otherwise the west may be blamed for a "potato famine" style disaster in that part of the world. Notwithstanding, I have partaken of the occasional N Korean tartini and it is extremely succulent.

6. My soccah teem made it to world cup, as well. Once my nookleah bomb ready, Norwich City no more!

7. Plenty of four-leged mobile shiit factories they could have for their barbecues round here.I'd cull the fkn lot given half a chance (with apologies to cuddles & any dog pervs on here)

8. Isn't Battersea Dogs Home a tad full at the moment?