North Korea will reduce Seoul to Ashes in 3-4 mins......

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tuffy52, Apr 24, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. No.
  2. Yes.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Christ I hope not. Seoul has some of the very finest PT in the world.
    • Like Like x 2
  4. fu2

fu2 LE

5. So a ready source of vulnerable refugees?
    • Like Like x 2
  6. No. They'd achieve nothing but their own annihilation. They're several kinds of weird but I don't think they're completely unhinged.
    • Like Like x 2
  7. Surely someone up the food chain in North Korea must realise the consequences of this?
  8. Well, from my limited knowledge of the northern bit of the korean penninsula there's sod all to loose to a pre-emptive strike.

Be funny though if someone decided that they did mean it, and decaptitated that petulant, childish little "government".

"Ooops, Comrade Chief Helmsman, We didn't get that one right" as the US/South Korean rains down ordinance.

I mean the US has still get troops there, haven't they? If the North gets them in an exchange I think that they will have to say sorry and mean it.
  9. There are lots of our colonial bretheren stationed in South Korea. If there were not, the North would have attacked by now and the job be jobbed. Because there are, the North know, with certainty, that the USA would consider an attack on the South as an attack on the US and it would be met with violent retribution. In essence, the US servicemen in S.Korea are pawns in a game, a human shield if you will, not there to stop the North physically but to send a clear message.

FORMER_FYRDMAN LE Book Reviewer

Perhaps he's lying doggo?
    • Like Like x 3
  11. One does wonder what they'd gain from starting anything... I can't see anything in it from them. Though I suppose that Yung-un has probably been fed so much bullshit by now from people only telling him what he wants to hear that he thinks DPRK could take on the US all by themselves.

But if it did kick off, I don't think it'd take long before a humiliating defeat.
  12. About 30000 US there (and I think dedicated troops on W Coast as well). Not sure the Chinese would be too happy that they got a run-out, though. Mind you, could be a quid pro quo for Taiwan.....
    • Like Like x 1
  13. Oooh! Sneaky thinking. Like it. But the US navy did recent exercises of Taiwan didn't they?