North Korea Readies For Nuclear Test

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by tomahawk6, May 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Another possibility I've heard kicked around: They are going through the motions of an imminent test blast for the purpose of extracting concessions from USA at the bargaining table.

2. A successful nuclear test would be better for getting concessions [if anyone was crazy enough to trust the reds].

3. Maybe. Or it could get them a "courtesy call" from the Strategic Air Command.

We've got B-2 bombers and F-15Es at Guam to deal with Kim Jong-il (or whoever's running the place now) and we're increasing the number of Aegis-equipped warships in the Sea of Japan or so I read.

These are assets which potentially could be re-deployed to middle east but probably won't be because of N. Korea.

I could guess that perhaps the N. Korean government is acting under orders to compel the USA to divide its forces so as to inhibit a strike on Iran or M.E. venues.

4. Orders from whom?

smithie

5. Orders from whom?

I'm thinking China.

6. China does large and lucrative business with Iran. It seems to me very much in China's interest that this important trading partner not be invaded or bombed into oblivion.

7. Doubtful given that SAC was disbanded in 1992!

Regards,
    M2

8. What vacinations will we need bfore we visit kim il yong? :wink:

9. I know, but NWD referred to SAC!

Regards,
    M2