North Korea launches long-range missile

From the BBC article:

" ... one of which was a long-range weapon capable of reaching the US ... failed about 40 seconds into flight ... "

That won't be keeping me awake at night.

And does anyone else find the thought of John "the UN are a bunch of cnuts" Bolton doing the swerviest tyre screeching u-turn imaginable and asking nicely for some help funny ?

Seriously though, what I'd be asking myself were I running the US is why China feels strong enough to let NK go around rattling cages. That can't be a good thing.

Failed 40 seconds in to flight or were aborted 40 seconds into flight.

If the world thinks NK has the capability to do harm it is very differnet to thinking it has intent.

It oucld be that they dont want ot lay all their cards on the table and draw the righteous indignation of other parties. Whereas a launch and a flop is enough to check any American designs on moving east.

Pillager said:
Failed 40 seconds in to flight or were aborted 40 seconds into flight.

If the world thinks NK has the capability to do harm it is very differnet to thinking it has intent.

It oucld be that they dont want ot lay all their cards on the table and draw the righteous indignation of other parties. Whereas a launch and a flop is enough to check any American designs on moving east.
Or expended in a verifiable way?

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well it seems that Japan is worried that it is a target due to US bases. Hmmm, wonder how they could solve that, and keep the citizens of Okinawa happy at the same time, any suggestions?

Thats not likely at the moment the Japanese government is being billed for the expenses of relocating US forces within their own territory.

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Hmmmm, guess they are still paying for that Manchurian outing (and diversions from the route). Seems the US may well have them in a full nelson.

(***edit*** mind you if there are people who are good at escaping such things its people in the region)

Well depending on how many missiles NK has to share around the place, it could be a handy for the States, if Japan were to be unpopular with NK.

Though im sure the practice of creating armed satellite states as a buffer zone to protect the Motherland is dissaproved of by the freedom loving victors of the cold war.

(Tongue firmly in cheek - world economics and trade partnerships notwithstanding)

Nehustan

On ROPS
On ROPs
Well let's just say as someone raised in the 'occident' it does seem that people in the various regions that have been called the 'Orient' have far more in common than in difference, but who will profit economically and politically by division. I posted in another thread about the meeting in Japan on Sunday between China, S. Korea, and Japan veiled as a tourism meeting. I mean I'm sure they did discuss tourism, but in an adjoining room....

Anyway, this missile test brought to you by

RAYTHEON ANTI-BALLISTIC MISSILE SYSTEMS, INC.

Get 'em now, while they're hot! PAC=3, THAAD, SM3, all great gear, a snip at £1m per!

A damn sight better than investing in BAE, EADS, or Airbus, in anyone's money!

Latest Threads