North Korea launches long-range missile

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Listy, Jul 4, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Short range ones worked, mind.

2. RAMC_Medic Beat you both to it about 2 hours ago in Intel Cell

3. India-Juliet beat me to that :D

4. It's going to be a game of who beat who tonight :D

5. From the BBC article:

" ... one of which was a long-range weapon capable of reaching the US ... failed about 40 seconds into flight ... "

That won't be keeping me awake at night.

And does anyone else find the thought of John "the UN are a bunch of cnuts" Bolton doing the swerviest tyre screeching u-turn imaginable and asking nicely for some help funny ?

Seriously though, what I'd be asking myself were I running the US is why China feels strong enough to let NK go around rattling cages. That can't be a good thing.

6. That little guy in a shiny grey suit doesn't scare me.

I'm so wonewee indeed.

7. They are now saying Nk launched 6 missles.

8. Failed 40 seconds in to flight or were aborted 40 seconds into flight.

If the world thinks NK has the capability to do harm it is very differnet to thinking it has intent.

It oucld be that they dont want ot lay all their cards on the table and draw the righteous indignation of other parties. Whereas a launch and a flop is enough to check any American designs on moving east.

9. Or expended in a verifiable way?

10. Nehustan

Nehustan On ROPs

Well it seems that Japan is worried that it is a target due to US bases. Hmmm, wonder how they could solve that, and keep the citizens of Okinawa happy at the same time, any suggestions?