Norrie, mercenary, Mostar

Discussion in 'The ARRSE Hole' started by neil2445, May 17, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I bumped into this guy in '92 on my way to Mostar, and he said he was a SSM in 22. Later, I saw a pic of him on the front-line in the thick of it (Mostar), so fair play to him. Later still, in Hereford, on seeing the picture a guy told me he'd seen him in the supermarket there, so it looks legit. Can anyone confirm, as I' m writing my memoirs, and I don't want to have to write him up as a Walt.

Sorry about the quality, but the software is playing up.
  2. Straight to the hole with this please, Mods.
  3. Are you a junkie?
  4. Im looking for a soldier i met once he was in the RHF said his name was jock anybody know him?
  5. was he in belize 1990? there was a jock there with the RHF :D
  6. might be the fella good mates with smudge and ginge he was
  7. now smudge and ginge I do know, but I think jock was big mates with Tam, well, they both wore funny green and white hooped football shirts anyway :D
  8. Why fair play to him? Who was he fighting for - the HVO, the JNA or the Bosnian Army?
  10. Biped

Biped LE Book Reviewer

I know this guy personally. His life, history and actions are very famous indeed and have made him not only very rich, but these days have even put him in the corridors of power.

If I'm not mistaken, he's Austrian, or was before he changed his nationality.

In his time he was incredibly fit, but like us all, time has somewhat diminished his stature.

I believe he's actually the governor of Texas or something.

His name, for those that haven't yet seen him, is Arnie. Arnie Swarzkopfenegger.
  11. Nah jock always wore his fcuk the pope t shirt and would sing about his mate Billy King when he was p1ssed
  12. You are very correct. He is often abroad and in supermarkets, possibly as a purchaser for Lidl.... :D
  13. I don't think he works in a supermarket as he seems to have a rather nasty skin complaint, I'm sure he's a Roma Pikey, now living on a roundabout near Dublin.
  14. ah you mean mad jock ... used to headbutt pieces of 4 x 4 for a laugh in bar
  15. No but he did drink a lot so that might be him