Norman Wisdom Dead

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by jack-daniels, Oct 4, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. The old fella has finally departed us. The whole of Albania will be in mourning now.
    RIP Old Soldier.

2. Albania will declare a week of official state mourning.

3. Awww, surely there must be some remembrance on the Isle of Man?

4. No!?

He fell over?

For real this time?

RIP wee man.

It's a bit dusty in here Mr. Grimsdale...

5. [​IMG]
    RIP you old git =(

6. Didn't he have alzheimer's or something?? Will be missed by many thats for sure.

7. Did he?

For the life of me, I can't remember...

8. Auld-Yin

Auld-Yin LE Reviewer Book Reviewer Reviews Editor

Another old trouper gone - I enjoyed his comedy. He must have taken a few knocks over the years with his brand of slapstick humour.

9. Proper shame. I loved watching the old git.

10. Loved his films when I was younger. They had a naive charm about them. Norman's appeal was probably down to him playing the little man, downtrodden but full of spirit and unwilling to be pushed out of the way, he had a strong sense of morality and doing the right thing. We tend to support the underdog in this country with good reason, and I'm wondering if Norman may have had a hand in shaping our minds in that ethos.

Sad to hear about his death.

11. Which old git Mr Grimsdale?.Stand down Pitkin.

12. I thought he'd last for ever. RIP Norman.

13. Shame, saw him on tv in an interview when he was about 85. Suffered a few strokes after that. At least we can look forward to some decent comedy on TV as there will no doubt be a Norman Wisdom season.

14. Helluva shame, good innings though, RIP chap.
    Must`ve been a few years ago now when he got knighted, they showed it on TV and as he stood up and walked away from the Queen he did his signature comedy trip, made HM chuckle quite a bit.
    Found a clip on youtube from one of his films....doing bayonet practice :)
    YouTube - Norman Wisdom Bayonet Practice