Norica .410 bolt action wanted

Discussion in 'Shooting, Hunting and Fishing' started by Wag Tail, Mar 17, 2013.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi all.

After looking at Norica .410 bolt action which turned out to be a bit of a dog (thanks to Dr Stealth for the heads up by the way) my ten year old has been driving me nuts about getting one ever since! Have to say I do fancy the idea so....

I know there's the one on gunwatch although the bolt looks a bit rusted but if anyone hears of one up for sale or has one they want to part with, could you let me know or drop me a PM please?

Many thanks
  2. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Any reason you want a piece of cheap chinese crap or would an older BSA (British built crap) do instead? I have an Anschutz single shot if you want to go sausage side?
  3. Amongst a pantheon of crap .410s the Norica bolt action qualifies as the non plus ultra in crapness, long, clumsy, badly balanced and extremely slow for second shots, it is everything a .410 should not be!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Too true, I would rather buy a spanish boxlock than a bolt action any day!
  5. Do not under any circumstances buy a weapon made in China. It will kill you before it does any damage to anything else.

(...although I'm thinking of 'Norinco' rather than 'Norica', which may be unrelated)
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Same firm, they move in mysterious ways.......
  7. What's the budget?
  8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

Norica are a spanish company making airguns, they may have made shotguns in the past.
    Norinco is the Chinese state arsenal knocking out copies of anything that will sell but usually will kill the owner pretty quickly!
  9. My mistake, but all the same, Norica's product has much in common with the crap Soviet Relum's and Norinco shit.

AYA used to make a very nice little boxlock .410, with a rawhide type blueing.
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Their 82mm Type 65 was pretty good to be fair :)
    • Like Like x 1

Loads of 410`s here.

Make sure you get a 3" magnum one , give you the extra clout when needed.
  12. It would certainly shift the rats from under the chicken coup, but I'm not sure that you'd be invited back for future ratting forays though!
    • Like Like x 1