Noor bin Laden in The Spectator

ScooterDog

Clanker
It was well written, but we can all write. It's just a foreigner passing comment on another countries affairs. Means nothing.

Mattb

LE
and being said by her makes it all the more powerful
How?

Either we're saying that she's important because of her uncle, in which case it's "Bin Ladens for Trump!" or we're saying that her uncle's actions shouldn't affect what we think of her, in which case she's nobody.

How?

Either we're saying that she's important because of her uncle, in which case it's "Bin Ladens for Trump!" or we're saying that her uncle's actions shouldn't affect what we think of her, in which case she's nobody.
More powerful because she is praising the value of the American way that her Uncle was trying to destroy.

And the underlying causes of todays unrest which she focuses on have been ongoing far longer than Trump has been around.

He is not part of the problem - he spoke for a majority of Americans who think he may be part of the solution.

Get over Trump , he represents the will of the majority

More powerful because she is praising the value of the American way that her Uncle was trying to destroy.

And the underlying causes of todays unrest which she focuses on have been ongoing far longer than Trump has been around.

He is not part of the problem - he spoke for a majority of Americans who think he may be part of the solution.

Get over Trump , he represents the will of the majority
Probably not for much longer. With a woman of colour probably only months away from being POTUS the liberals over there must be practically creaming in their pants.

First off, its in The Spectator so it most certainly isn't going to be balanced. Secondly, after reading the extract I can only think she is in some alternative reality or being heavily influenced by QAnon.
And thirdly, she statrts of with a grovelly paragraph about the constitution.

For the first time, with the ratification of your Declaration of Independence, mankind was offered an unmatched societal ideal. Human beings were recognized for what we truly are by nature: all created free and equal, endowed with unalienable rights derive from our Creator. With your Constitution, your Founders sealed these God given rights, and protected them by instituting a limited form of self-government along with a robust justice system.

my bold.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the USA has had racial segregation within my lifetime!

And thirdly, she statrts of with a grovelly paragraph about the constitution.

For the first time, with the ratification of your Declaration of Independence, mankind was offered an unmatched societal ideal. Human beings were recognized for what we truly are by nature: all created free and equal, endowed with unalienable rights derive from our Creator. With your Constitution, your Founders sealed these God given rights, and protected them by instituting a limited form of self-government along with a robust justice system.

my bold.

Correct me if I'm wrong but the USA has had racial segregation within my lifetime!

Correct me if I'm wrong but the last POTUS was a black man. Not long ago their equivalent of Foreign Minister was a black woman. Colin Powell didnt do badly for himself either.

Slavery was outlawed 150 years ago, segregation about 60 years ago. The USA is a land of equal opportunity - and if you are smart enough and work hard enough anyone can do well.

The only thing that is causing segregation now are ones that say Black Lives Matter when it should be All Lives Matter.

If Trump does lose, he should take his cue from Barry & Moose-chelle Obama: shout and moan from the sidelines about how crap Biden and Harris are.

The family construction company has done very well out of the US taxpayer over the years. I recall being at PSAB (al Kharj) air base in KSA and noticing that this sprawling base - 230 square miles - was built by Bin Laden construction and jointed funded by the US and KSA. And to top it off, the matriarch lived in the local fly-blown town.
I also spent some time there, in tents. The brand new accomodation blocks stood ready, but the story we were told was that they would not less us live in them for just that reason - they had been built by Bin Laden construction and might be booby trapped. This was 97/98.

I also spent some time there, in tents. The brand new accomodation blocks stood ready, but the story we were told was that they would not less us live in them for just that reason - they had been built by Bin Laden construction and might be booby trapped. This was 97/98.
I was told that as well, but I think it was a bit of an urban myth. The story goes that the blocks were left for 2 years before occupation. I have to say that it was excellent accommodation and the facilities - gym, pool, restaurants etc made for a pleasant Det.

Last edited:
Correct me if I'm wrong but the last POTUS was a black man. Not long ago their equivalent of Foreign Minister was a black woman. Colin Powell didnt do badly for himself either.

Slavery was outlawed 150 years ago, segregation about 60 years ago. The USA is a land of equal opportunity - and if you are smart enough and work hard enough anyone can do well.

The only thing that is causing segregation now are ones that say Black Lives Matter when it should be All Lives Matter.

You can do very well here if you work at it. On a personal level I know what we were worth when we arrived here and I know what we are worth now. We ain’t done badly.

As to black folks they have the opportunity to go to college, learn a trade and make decent money. I meet loadsa white blokes who joined the military for 4 years to benefit from the GI Bill and get college and uni paid for - most of them have good jobs now. The same opportunity, or route, is available to black folks, though less seem to take them.

The wifes 2IC is a black lady, all in all she is on somewhere around $200K. The last 2 General Counsels (Lawyers) of banks she worked at were both black blokes And bothe earning around $500K a year. My lads best mate is a black lad whose dad is a computer security expert who earns an absolute fortune, and his mum is a lawyer on a decent wedge.

In contrast when I did the sparks certificate in Pennsylvania The course had about a half dozen black lads on it. They had basically been told to attend college to get them off the dole. The head of the school mentioned that they were probably third generation unemployed and as soon as they finished the course they would fcuk up any interviews they were sent to attend so that they could go back on the dole again.

They whinge, complain, And sit there with their hands out but they don’t do anything to move themselves forward.