Noor bin Laden in The Spectator

Carrying on the family business to bring down the Great Satan, America.

Carrying on the family business to bring down the Great Satan, America.
The family construction company has done very well out of the US taxpayer over the years. I recall being at PSAB (al Kharj) air base in KSA and noticing that this sprawling base - 230 square miles - was built by Bin Laden construction and jointed funded by the US and KSA. And to top it off, the matriarch lived in the local fly-blown town.

Whining Civvy

War Hero
Well that was a piece of crap article. I could write better than that.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
if Donald is the cure, I'm not sure the disease isn't the slightly more palatable choice.

she makes some good points, but I just can't accept that another four years of trump is the better alternative for a lot of americans. I don't say it isn't, butthe water is so muddied and the conversation, such as it is, seems to be just so confrontational and toxic on both sides.

CrazyLegs!

War Hero
if Donald is the cure, I'm not sure the disease isn't the slightly more palatable choice.

she makes some good points, but I just can't accept that another four years of trump is the better alternative for a lot of americans. I don't say it isn't, butthe water is so muddied and the conversation, such as it is, seems to be just so confrontational and toxic on both sides.

be funny though

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
be funny though

oh god yes. even funnier than the wailing and gnashing of teeth when St.Jeremy of the Antisemites was given the big FO last year.

I recognise that name .....

Seriously, Osamas niece publishes a piece of writing I think might just be one of the most important tracts of this century.

Cometh the time, cometh the woman

Simply best reasoned balanced and presented article I have read about this entire shambles.
Hat tipped. Ms noor bl

Put your personal dislike for Trump to one side and read the entire article again.

Substitute ' the current President' for 'Trump' if it makes it more palateable but focus on her analysis of what has been happening to USA ,and the rest of the world for that matter.
See if you agree with that bit first - then we can see how the will of the people may stop the rot, via the ballot box.

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
Put your personal dislike for Trump to one side and read the entire article again.

Substitute ' the current President' for 'Trump' if it makes it more palateable but focus on her analysis of what has been happening to USA ,and the rest of the world for that matter.
See if you agree with that bit first - then we can see how the will of the people may stop the rot, via the ballot box.

I did read the article. and as I say, the discourse on both sides makes it very difficult to draw any reasoned conclusions as to who is 'better' than the other.

however, if some news reports can be believed - and there is no immediate reason to disbelieve all of them that i have seen - trumps followers, both inside and out of government, seem to appear to be trying to rig the deck in ways that would have third world juntas nodding in approval - from straight up voter intimidation to legal folderol.

Forget about the Americans.... Trump is the far better option for the UK.

Interests, not friends....

First off, its in The Spectator so it most certainly isn't going to be balanced. Secondly, after reading the extract I can only think she is in some alternative reality or being heavily influenced by QAnon.