Noob!

Hiya guys,

My name is Matt and im from Newport, South Wales.

Just joined 100 field Sqn in cwmbran RMONRE (M).

Thing is im already qualified as a car mechanic in civvie street. could i use this and miss stage two training ? or would i have o do an army input ?

Also i was wondering if anyone knew anything about becoming a commando engineer. It could be something that interests me. Im pretty much in the dark and dont know what i want to do in the TA.

Thanks for your help,

Matt.

Legs

ADC
Book Reviewer
Either this is a very poor Wah, or you are being stupid. Think about it!

Newport_Sapper said:
Hiya guys,

My name is Matt and I'm from Newport, South Wales.
Well, that's obviously extremely unfortunate for you. But don't worry, we'll still talk to you. :D :D :D

MsG

Welcome to the site Matt. Firstly be aware of you own personal security (PERSEC) no names, addresses etc on here.

I'm not sure how much Ph2 training you'd have to do. If you are interseted in becoming a Cdo Engr try following this link, your nearest one is in Bath.

Link

or here link

I would suggest looking around some of the other TA Units to see what really interests you.

For TA Units in Wales try this link

Dont they have Army Careers officers anymore?
You require a full de brief and an anti n00bage pack to give you some info on what where how when... :roll:

pull2eject said:
You require a full de brief and an anti n00bage pack to give you some info on what where how when... :roll:
Alright major general! Im sure they do have army careers offices yeah! But i thought thats what places like this were for.....asking questions and not getting W4nk answers...thanks all the same.

And yeah i am a n00b here but isnt everyone at some point? And if i dont ask questions how can i learn to talk utter b0lIocks like you do becase unfortunately for me it doesnt come naturally!

THANKS.

Newport_Sapper said:
Hiya guys,

Thing is im already qualified as a car mechanic in civvie street. could i use this and miss stage two training ? or would i have o do an army input ?

Also i was wondering if anyone knew anything about becoming a commando engineer. It could be something that interests me. Im pretty much in the dark and dont know what i want to do in the TA.

Thanks for your help,

Matt.
My bold, why do so many people want to miss stages of training ffs

thats for that taff, i will do. Thats pretty much what i had in mind anyway.

Just thought that coming to a dedicated forum maybe there would bepeople with some sort of knowledge but so far i have only found 3 - 4.

A real thanks to those that have helped.

Matt.

Newport_Sapper said:
pull2eject said:
Alright major general! Im sure they do have army careers offices yeah! But i thought thats what places like this were for.....asking questions and not getting W4nk answers...thanks all the same.

And yeah i am a n00b here but isnt everyone at some point? And if i dont ask questions how can i learn to talk utter b0lIocks like you do becase unfortunately for me it doesnt come naturally!

THANKS.
The Army Rumour Service is THE British Army's UNOFICIAL community. A vast collection of information, HUMOR and BULLSH1T with forums, wiki, image library, blogs, kit shop, chat, jokes and more... kind regards from your "Major General"

Newport_Sapper said:
Hiya guys,

Thanks for your help,

Matt.
It appears you wish to be in the RE, that's building things then blowing them up. Car Mechanic does not fit in with that role as an RE, however, it does fit in with REME.

If you are doing the RE side in the unit you intend to join then the answer is an absolute NO to missing any training as vehicle mechanic is not a trade in the RE.

If you have intentions of being part of the LAD of your intended unit then you would be cap badged REME, where your civilian skills are relevant.

HOWEVER, unless you have done military service in the British Army as a VM you will NOT get time off of your training.

For people that already have the VM type skills, it just makes PH2 easier, the reason you will have to do it is to familiarise yourself with current British army vehicles and procedures, certainly the latter is something you have no knowledge of.

Having said all of that each unit within the TA have slight variations and interpretations. So the ONLY PLACE you will get the correct answer to this question is from the unit you intend to join. ASK THEM THEY WILL NOT BITE!!!

On another subject, if you did not want sarcastic answers to your questions then this forum is not for you. Even a short browse through the pages will show you that nothing (and no one) is taken seriously here.

Although there may be the odd subject matter expert here they are few and far between. Even if there are, most simply do not post because of the p*ss take factor and the amount of 'keyboard Tyson's on here.

For the most part the answers offered are personal opinions and not finite.

Ask yourself this:

Would you seek medical advice form the people in the waiting room of A&E?

If the answer is yes, then carry on asking specific questions about your intended unit here and please don't be surprised when you get to the unit when your advice is wrong!

If the answer is no I'll see a Doctor thanks! then get your arrse down to your prospective unit and ask the specific questions there!!!

Hence why I told him to talk to army careers as he needs the "basic" info first about which regiment battalion does what, but he seems to think I was being nasty lol. Gawd knows why they told him RE have trade VM.
Having said that I'm a cloud puncher so i'm braindead... :roll:

Newport_Sapper said:
Hiya guys,

Thanks for your help,

Matt.
Clearly a lying turd. NOBODY from Wales actually admits to it. Let alone (apparently) revels in it...

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
D Army Pay, Claims & JPA 9
Mitch99 Royal Signals 3
scaryspice Gaming and Software 16