• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

None

Err, that would depend on what happened? I'm guessing you mean something you, or someone did in civi time has been brought up whilst on mil time. I can't think of much that is valid for such other than official secrets, things affecting your ability to do the job (inc criminal activity) or bringing service into disrepute...

How about being a little more specific?

big_yellow_digger said:
Should what happens on the outside be made accountable inside?

I'm hacked off with outside the circle being dragged back in; does anyone have the same problem?
it depends, if you are a nonce on the outside then do you expect people to forget that when you are in the inside, explain what you're on about or you'll get labelled a "Glitter Fan".... :lol:

BuggerAll

LE
Kit Reviewer
Book Reviewer
Or perhaps you mean you've been shagging someone elses Wife and are now being told that that is incompatable with service ethos - or you are shagging across the ranks...

Neuroleptic's first rule of hassle free living-

"If it seems like a good idea at the time, it will almost certainly not seem so great later." (Apply this rule when sober, but especially following the consumption of alcohol.)

big_yellow_digger regretted the fact that he said:
...an ill-judged post which he later deleted after taking the advice of the Mods, so I thought it a little unfair to leave him exposed and removed this copy. Regards, Sticky
Well, b_y_d you've pretty much broadcast your ten-figure grid ref now so why don't you post the picture and let the Council of Arrse decide? :D
Edited to cover b_y_d's embarrassment

big_yellow_digger said:

I'm hacked off with outside the circle being dragged back in; does anyone have the same problem?
No it shouldn't, you should not be made accountable of actions done outside. You are only subject to military law once you've signed in (if your not commissioned). Even on a military weekend, once you've been clocked off/dismissed you are not subject to military law, so if you beat the crap out of someone on a Saturday night only the police can take action.

A recent example would be the UK Iraq Abuse photo's, which I believe was thrown out as the MOD didn't have a leg to stand on.

polar said:
big_yellow_digger said:

No it shouldn't, you should not be made accountable of actions done outside. You are only subject to military law once you've signed in (if your not commissioned). Even on a military weekend, once you've been clocked off/dismissed you are not subject to military law, so if you beat the crap out of someone on a Saturday night only the police can take action.

A recent example would be the UK Iraq Abuse photo's, which I believe was thrown out as the MOD didn't have a leg to stand on.
So convicted murderers, armed robbers and paedophiles are entitled to come back to drill nights once they are paroled? :roll:

I'd suggest anyone thinking of taking the above as gospel has a close look at TA Regs before doing anything unwise.

Neuroleptic said:
So convicted murderers, armed robbers and paedophiles are entitled to come back to drill nights once they are paroled? :roll:
You just said what Polar said (civil authorities have carried out the sentence not the military)

Iceberg said:
Neuroleptic said:
You just said what Polar said (civil authorities have carried out the sentence not the military)
Indeed they do. The point I'm making is that people who misbehave in civilian life, either criminally or not, CAN BE and ARE discharged from the TA if the circumstances dictate. The idea that you can't be discharged for what you do in civilian life is erroneous.

Iceberg said:
But thats not a punishment and it seems to be a popular trend within the TA
Maybe so, but for the few of us who still quite like it, it's important to have the facts and not believe what has to be the equivalent of an urban myth regarding unacceptable behaviour and continued service.

Latest Threads