None

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by big_yellow_digger, Dec 7, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Err, that would depend on what happened? I'm guessing you mean something you, or someone did in civi time has been brought up whilst on mil time. I can't think of much that is valid for such other than official secrets, things affecting your ability to do the job (inc criminal activity) or bringing service into disrepute...

How about being a little more specific?

2. OK I give up, just what exactly are you on about ?

Answers on a post card please.

3. it depends, if you are a nonce on the outside then do you expect people to forget that when you are in the inside, explain what you're on about or you'll get labelled a "Glitter Fan".... :lol:

4. BuggerAll

BuggerAll LE Reviewer Book Reviewer

Or perhaps you mean you've been shagging someone elses Wife and are now being told that that is incompatable with service ethos - or you are shagging across the ranks...

5. Bit of a "Second Eleven" PSI are we?

6. Neuroleptic's first rule of hassle free living-

"If it seems like a good idea at the time, it will almost certainly not seem so great later." (Apply this rule when sober, but especially following the consumption of alcohol.)

7. Well, b_y_d you've pretty much broadcast your ten-figure grid ref now so why don't you post the picture and let the Council of Arrse decide? :D
    Edited to cover b_y_d's embarrassment

8. No it shouldn't, you should not be made accountable of actions done outside. You are only subject to military law once you've signed in (if your not commissioned). Even on a military weekend, once you've been clocked off/dismissed you are not subject to military law, so if you beat the crap out of someone on a Saturday night only the police can take action.

A recent example would be the UK Iraq Abuse photo's, which I believe was thrown out as the MOD didn't have a leg to stand on.

9. Is it a she and good looking? If so please PM me the link.

10. So convicted murderers, armed robbers and paedophiles are entitled to come back to drill nights once they are paroled? :roll:

I'd suggest anyone thinking of taking the above as gospel has a close look at TA Regs before doing anything unwise.

11. You just said what Polar said (civil authorities have carried out the sentence not the military)

12. Indeed they do. The point I'm making is that people who misbehave in civilian life, either criminally or not, CAN BE and ARE discharged from the TA if the circumstances dictate. The idea that you can't be discharged for what you do in civilian life is erroneous.