Nonce Patrol

Ok.
Paedo hunters tip up at a location and try to film / arrest someone who is completely innocent of doing anything wrong.

Innocent bloke then decides to drop paedo hunter with a well aimed punch.

Where does he stand legally?

Ok.
Paedo hunters tip up at a location and try to film / arrest someone who is completely innocent of doing anything wrong.

They seem to tip up at a lot of places where the 'paedo' has mental problems, Iam shocked one of them hasn't been taken apart yet. I do wonder how much of it is fixed, like they choose very carefully who they knock up,I have noticed before they seem to know a lot about a 'paedos' history. . So the odds of one of them getting a slap is not likely. If innocent bloke just dropped hunter and didn't go to town on his prone body, or the hunter wasn't killed or badly smashed up I doubt much would happen, the police don't seem to like these hunters all that much, doubt the CPS does either.

I watched one video where they tried to arrest someone from a well known 'family' and got chased away by a group of men with baseball bats and knives. I think they assumed the 'paedo' was a lone male living alone with mum, so they were all shouty to begin with , then a van turns up and loads of blokes get out and they shat themselves.

I have very little respect for these hunter belters.

Something isn't right about someone who does this kind of thing as a pastime

I have very little respect for these hunter belters.

Something isn't right about someone who does this kind of thing as a pastime
one of them,shane claims he was sexually abused by a friends mother and then pimped out as a kid, if thats true pretty sad to be honest.I suspect a few more of them have pasts like that to be honest. A few others are probably just fame seekers or social inadequtes looking to pick on someone lower than them on the totem pole. No one likes a nonce so they make perfect target.

These so called paedo hunters are very akin to the self styled Walt Hunters in my book. There seems to be something missing in their lives that they have to resort to this type of activity to justify their existence.

Ok.

IIRC, the innocent bloke is entitled to use reasonable force to defend himself. If the hunters lay hands on him I think it's assault (or battery) and he has the right to self defence. I think that applies whether the "target" is a paedo or not.

Filming in a public place is legal and there's nothing you can do about it. I always carry a can of shaving foam in case I'm accosted by paedophile hunters. A quick squirt into the lens (not like that) and they can't film anything. If they publish video accusing you of being a paedo and you're not then you could sue but I don't think many of them have enough assets to make this worthwhile.

Only police officers can make arrests on suspicion. For a paedo hunter to make a citizen's arrest, he'd have to catch you in the act with a kiddie. Trying to citizens arrest somebody who is standing around outside a bus station is illegal. I believe physically detaining that person is, technically, kidnapping.

Police are getting increasingly pi$$ed off with clueless paedophile hunters and vigilantes generally. There used to be a bloke up north who referred to himself as the sheriff of his council estate and rode around on a horse and wearing a stetson. There's a video on YouTube of a paedophile hunter informing a copper that the copper is "interfering with my case". This was after the copper arrested the hunter for assaulting his "target".

Internet grooming is a problem that is beginning to overwhelm the police. Half arrsed vigilantes are not the answer, no matter how many episodes of The Sweeney they've watched.

Note: I am not a lawyer. If you are accosted in the street by a morbidly obese bloke brandishing a cell phone and with an aura of moral superiority, seek qualified advice from:-

Garry Glitter
Leader of the Pack Wing
HMP Albany
Isle of Wight

IIRC, the innocent bloke is entitled to use reasonable force to defend himself. If the hunters lay hands on him I think it's assault (or battery) and he has the right to self defence. I think that applies whether the "target" is a paedo or not.
You can also chin someone first if you can prove you had reasonable grounds to think they were going to harm you/someone.

IIRC " If you have a reasonable belief that you are about to be physically assaulted." or summat like that in "Offences Against The Person Act"

Is what your brief should be clued up on.

TheIronDuke

ADC
Book Reviewer
You can also chin someone first if you can prove you had reasonable grounds to think they were going to harm you/someone.
If the chinned one was found with their dabs all over a screwdriver that happened to by lying near the chinned one I feel it would be "you want sugar in your tea?" down the cop shop.

Note: Planting or fabricating evidence is against the law. Having a set of Nitrile gloves, a screwdriver and a pickaxe heft in the boot of the motor is DIY.