Non te partirò by Luciano Pavartotti

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by Bugsy, Mar 23, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I've already got the versions from Andrea Bocelli and Sarah Brightman that preceded and included the Henry Maske fiasco, but has "Big Lucy" ever recorded this?
    I can readily imagine his magnificent voice bursting the bounds of the song, but has he ever sung it on record?

MsG

2. Penso tu cerci per Con te Partirò, no?. Non penso Pavarotti l'ha cantato mai. Ma c'è un versione dal USMC Drum & Bugle Corps su iTunes (negli Stati Uniti). :?

Naturalemente c'è cazzo.

E perdi il versione con Sarah Brightman! Per favore! Il versione dal CD "Romanza"- con Bocelli solamente (in italiano, non inglese) è il piu bello. Le parole inglese sono assurdità!

3. I think the Italian words are absurd myself :)

The Brightman/ Bocelli version is almost unique in my record collection. At a time when all I seemed to buy was Oasis/ Blur or some dance music I bought this song after hearing it on the radio. I think it is very 'uplifting'.

Anyone else buy a song that is totally out of character or just plain different compared to their usual preferences?

I'll get my coat 8)

4. How the hell do you do from "I'll leave with you" to "Time to say goodbye"? It changes the entire context of the song is complete contradiction to the verses. Utter stuff and nonsense. Plus, Sarah Brightman has a downright freakish appearance which is punctuated by a stare so vacant it makes Paris Hilton look like Patrick Moore.

5. No arguments on the Brightman freakish apperance. She looks like the gopher from "Caddyshack" minus the charm.

Many songs are altered lyrically in translation, even from British English to US English so nothing new there. It may comes across as dross but there's some great songs out there with bone lyrics (I think there's already a thread about it on ARRSE somewhere).

Plus playing it winds up the Limp Bizkit playing kids I have.

6. Si, è giusto, crabtastic, mi ho sbagliato con la parola "non"!
    Ho comprato il CD "Romanza" circa sette mesi fa e mi piace molto bene. Ma ho avuto voglia a sentire "Con te Partorò" canta di Pavarotti, però sfortunatamente, non l'ho cercato. Perciò la mia domanda ai amici di ARRSE..

Grazie per le tui altri informazioni ancora! So di più hora.:D :D :D

MsG

7. Edited: Cazzi tua! Ho fatto un sbaglio di nuovo!!