Non-standard Bowman observation

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by wilf_san, Jun 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello playmates, sorry to come up on the frequency all unauthenticated and whatnot- hopefully the net controllers on this channel won't mind a bit of light-blue traffic. I'm a non-rupert ATC instr.....(but don't hold that against me :wink:)

I'm here to get some gen from the pros (we RAF-types nick all your comms kit, anyway 8O ......so please be kind to a poor old airman).

I'd tried asking my question on the website frequented by our ACF oppos (http://www.armycadetforce.com/forum/showthread.php?t=8690 refers), but I got no responses. I'll rbr it here to save bandwidth:

So I now put this question to you folks: is there a proper Bowman web-page, lurking somewhere, with open-source info and pics, that is better than the not-exactly detailed official page?

But then I thought....hold on a mo....that's not just an unclear pic....surely it's not even the right piece of kit to correspond with the desc of a 354?!?

Am I right?

I *think* I've maybe tracked down a pic (finally) of the 349/350 replacement (no thanks to British Army webservices), ie the 354, but I'm still not sure because of that official (I think incorrect?) page.

All (constructive) return traffic is welcome :D

wilf_san
    AR_AR_AR

2. I'm rather disappointed in this thread - could have sworn it read Non-standard BLOWJOB observation.....

Ah well, back to the Lady Macca pics....

3. Wilf-san

Your not in the Taiban Int and Security Section masquerading as an Airman are you?

4. Wilf-san check your inbox.

PM sent.

5. Re My Last

Delete Taiban

Insert Taliban

Still the same cnuts

6. LOL LOL. Missed that.

7. [​IMG]

Only image i could find via google.

8. No, that was Lawrence of Arabia :D

Nothing received (just checked).... say again your last.

That's my point, Boney: I reckon that's just another PRC355, top-right: it's far too big to be a 1kg actual replacement for the 349. Can't see that beastie being popped into a cdrs back pocket. They've got the wrong pic, surely? My theory is that the elusive 354 is off the picture, top-left, the int photog made a cods of it

wilf_san

9. Well spotted (spotter) ...... the 354 is a very small radio with a little keypad - neither of which can be seen on that picture !!

In the Doc at agustawestland.com you can see someone wearing it although you can only see the keypad

Might look for another open source picture .. might