Non Smoker in a four man room with three smokers

#1
My God-son has been forced to share a room, he is a Private, with three smokers. Is this right.
 
#4
#6
Other than the wah factor.

The other three must get f*cking cold, smoking is not allowed inside any military building.

Is he missing out on conversation when they go outside :D
 
#7
maninblue said:
I was under the impression that all MOD properties were now non-smoking and that smoking in all accommodation - whether it be shared or single - was now prohibited?
Thats what i meant really, although, by my reckoning, CO's can make one Accn block a 'smoking' block, if they so wish.

Perhaps the question should be:

'Has my god-son started smoking, but needs to try and explain why his clothes all stink of fags without telling the truth?'

:D
 
#8
Billwhyman said:
maninblue said:
I was under the impression that all MOD properties were now non-smoking and that smoking in all accommodation - whether it be shared or single - was now prohibited?
Thats what i meant really, although, by my reckoning, CO's can make one Accn block a 'smoking' block, if they so wish.

Perhaps the question should be:

'Has my god-son started smoking, but needs to try and explain why his clothes all stink of fags without telling the truth?'

:D
I think your reckoning is wrong
 
#10
CAARPS said:
Billwhyman said:
maninblue said:
I was under the impression that all MOD properties were now non-smoking and that smoking in all accommodation - whether it be shared or single - was now prohibited?
Thats what i meant really, although, by my reckoning, CO's can make one Accn block a 'smoking' block, if they so wish.

Perhaps the question should be:

'Has my god-son started smoking, but needs to try and explain why his clothes all stink of fags without telling the truth?'

:D
I think your reckoning is wrong
I stand corrected then. Im in london at the mo, in one of them groovy SSSA flats, before that was STC in Germany, so havent lived in proper block for a while. :oops:

I did read that the above could happen, i take it that plan was scrapped?
 
#11
Billwhyman said:
CAARPS said:
Billwhyman said:
maninblue said:
I was under the impression that all MOD properties were now non-smoking and that smoking in all accommodation - whether it be shared or single - was now prohibited?
Thats what i meant really, although, by my reckoning, CO's can make one Accn block a 'smoking' block, if they so wish.

Perhaps the question should be:

'Has my god-son started smoking, but needs to try and explain why his clothes all stink of fags without telling the truth?'

:D
I think your reckoning is wrong
I stand corrected then. Im in london at the mo, in one of them groovy SSSA flats, before that was STC in Germany, so havent lived in proper block for a while. :oops:

I did read that the above could happen, i take it that plan was scrapped?
Although, with Z type accommodation, individual rooms may be nominated smoking (so some say). I am almost certain no public area can be a smoking area, regardless of agreement.

So you are not totally wrong. Buggers muddle as usual :D
 
#12
CAARPS said:
Billwhyman said:
CAARPS said:
Billwhyman said:
maninblue said:
I was under the impression that all MOD properties were now non-smoking and that smoking in all accommodation - whether it be shared or single - was now prohibited?
Thats what i meant really, although, by my reckoning, CO's can make one Accn block a 'smoking' block, if they so wish.

Perhaps the question should be:

'Has my god-son started smoking, but needs to try and explain why his clothes all stink of fags without telling the truth?'

:D
I think your reckoning is wrong
I stand corrected then. Im in london at the mo, in one of them groovy SSSA flats, before that was STC in Germany, so havent lived in proper block for a while. :oops:

I did read that the above could happen, i take it that plan was scrapped?
Although, with Z type accommodation, individual rooms may be nominated smoking (so some say). I am almost certain no public area can be a smoking area, regardless of agreement.

So you are not totally wrong. Buggers muddle as usual :D
Im in luck when i get posted then! :D
 
#14
CAARPS said:
Other than the wah factor.

The other three must get f*cking cold, smoking is not allowed inside any military building.

Is he missing out on conversation when they go outside :D
The Feckers are smoking in the room
 
#16
?[/quote]



Perhaps the question should be:

'Has my god-son started smoking, but needs to try and explain why his clothes all stink of fags without telling the truth?'

:D[/quote]

No he is totally against smoking, to the point of boring the rest of us
 
#17
Presuming this isn't a wah, the mess I stay in occasionally allows smoking in individual rooms, but not in any general areas.

Surprisingly enough, they haven't quite made smoking illegal yet, so as long as people are allowed to smoke in their room, I would think there's little he can do about it.

Of course he could always try to insist that his colleagues don't smoke in his presence or complain about it up the chain, but I would suggest that sort of intolerance might be ill advised. The response is unlikely to be less than physical.

As a smoker myself, I try to spare non smokers my fumes if they don't try to make my life miserable in the process of making their point. Tolerance cuts both ways, and mine gets a bit stretched at times being lectured on morality by people with dubious enough personal practices of their own.

Are you sure that he's not an ex smoker?
 
#18
BadUn said:
CAARPS said:
Other than the wah factor.

The other three must get f*cking cold, smoking is not allowed inside any military building.

Is he missing out on conversation when they go outside :D
The Feckers are smoking in the room

I gathered that mate :D

They are wrong and breaking regulations, far be it for me to advise him (he has to live with them), however, they are totally out of order.

When I was young I lived I an 8 man room (old H block) and most of the lads smoked, for most of them they sparked up before they opened their eyes in the morning. Would I have complained if we had this current law, probably not.

It’s his call, however he has a legitimate grievance. You are not allowed to smoke in shared areas
 
#19
northern_warrior said:
As long as he does not start smoking the other blokes you have nowt to fear :D
:D

Tea + monitor = unhappy GSB. Pissing my kilt but unhappy :wink:
 
#20
It is bound to happen. My old camp had a problem with the single soldiers to bedspace ratio, HQ block was renowned for its overcrowding. People get put where there is space for them, simple as.

I would imagine they do have permission to smoke in their room, I always did when living in, so if he is that concerned about it (which it sounds like he is) his first port of call should be his SQMS/ CQMS or equivalent. He should be able to come to some kind of arrangment, swapping rooms or something similar- just don't expect him to be popular for a while for f**king the lads around...

If that doesn't help, he should push for a CBRN instructors course, as I imagine hs masking up and decontamination drills will be untouchable soon enough.
 

Similar threads

New Posts

Top