Non Running MG ZS 180 - How best to sell it?

I am after some advice. I have a 2001 plate MG ZS 180 I want to get rid of. Not being a car mechanic type, I beleive the head gasket is about to go (blue smoke coming out of the exhaust). It is too expensive for me to fix, so I want to get rid of it for the best price possible. I can sell it to scrappage firms (for about £100+ or to someone who might be willing to do it up). Where is the best possible place to advertise this (money is in short supply to pay for an advert)? Any advice will be greatly received. Thanks

Gumtree it or google scrap cars I'm your area, you'll get at least £200 in scrap. Where abouts are you? I'll give you £50 for the wheels...

Pity, bit of a waste really, sounds like valve seals or a at worst rings. Bout a ton is the going rate.
Could even just be a crudified breather. It's not unknown for K's do this. If it was mine, and the engine was borked, I'd lob in a T Series from a 620ti. More powerrrr and easier to maintain.

To the OP: it has 2 head gaskets (it's a V6). Is it losing water/is there oil in the coolant?

just to piss you off,
went into my garage yesterday, to see how my MGBGT is doing after two years of sitting around contemplating its navel.
Plugged in the charger, and she fired up first time. Bless her, 34 this year.

We buy any car.com

Might be worth a punt else break it for spares on fleabay.

Blue smoke might suggest piston rings, if possible get a compression test done at a local garage. They may diagnose it for you

Just to piss you off even further just bought an MG ZT on an 06 plate for 1300 notes with an 1.8 which may have been the last of the line. Goes fine secret is the gear ratios otherwise feels under powered. Compression test is easy enough to do though the handbook does not specify poundage. Once you have found that your'e in business.

Latest Threads