Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

Non-medical LE MSOs

smithy749 said:
Civvie street is all I hoped for and more. Challenging yes multi skilled but average like the Army no just skilled in one area. Very money orientated and ruthless. under achievers are out the door. non of this EO crap if you contravene company policy goodbye, no ITD's, read this and comply. and pay is good more tham i left on plus a pension lifes easy.

I have to say as rare as it may be for me to agree with you smithy you are completely right on the above quote about what civvie street expects, I love being a civvie now and look back at my career in the corps with pride, I left after 13 years as I knew my character would not allow me to progress as well as it did in times previous. Thats not bitching but fact, but that doesn't mean I agree with all that I saw while serving but then thats why we all debate what we believe to be the right way. Lets be honest we can debate all we want on here but the only way is the way the system decides, whether we like it or not and that is as true outside as it is in.

That also applies for this post, the system will decide what line the commisioning will go, hopefully those deciding policy will have a bit of common sense and look at all applicants with their future employment in mind and make the right decisions, although they could learn from civvie street in that if you don't perform and achieve the standards required you get the bullet.

Smithy, Booked and ready, I spoke with an old mate who knows you from 22, and I'm sure you will be able to fill in the booking forms for Liverpool correctly.!!!!

CTC

Smithy, just one thing to add if I may - there are a lot of us that have equal intelligence in many areas and perhaps more or less in others. This does not mean we are stupid, clever or any other fancy term which we could bandy around. Please accept that we (all of us) continue to be successful in our own right and whether that be in or out of the service, have the good grace to let us continue being good at whatever it is we do.

If you are the person I supect then you should use your time wisely on the outside and reflect on missed opportunities of bygone years??

Draaaaaging the thread back on topic...

The question arises: why do so many WOs from other Corps and Regts apply for commissions in the AMS? There are a number of possible answers:

1. We have lower standards.
2. We offer wider employment options.
3. We have trouble recruiting DE officers to be MSOs.

I don't pretend to know which it is, if any of these. I'm happy to say that every single LE officer I've worked with was, at the very least, competent - previously AMS or not. However, I know of ex-Guards LE MSOs who shudder at the very thought of having been commissioned into the QM stream of their own Div, and ex-AGC types who grimace at the idea of being an RAO for the rest of their careers. I do think the AMS should be proud of its reputation for good-natured cooperation between the LE and DE cadres.

IF