Non-Issue equipment banned for Afghan

Seriously though, where do you put any grenades, extra mags, your pistol, and any other extra bits of kit you might need to get access to quickly?
it all goes onto your mates back, and you carry his stuff on yours, then it's easy to get to......

fatmini

War Hero
it all goes onto your mates back, and you carry his stuff on yours, then it's easy to get to......
You joke but i have read some US guys refer to this type of buddy buddy system !

llech

LE
Im just new on this site and found this topic pretty interesting, however, you are given (im not in the army so just guessing) 6 SA80 Mags? If you arent able to strap them to your front or legs, where would you put them? do you have to strap them to your back and become some sort of contortionist so that you can reload? Im hoping to join the infantry soon and I'd also probably carry my pistol in a drop leg holster. If you cant use these then where are you supposed to put them? It all seems pretty messed up to be perfectly honest.
Selotape a carrier bag with a bag or sugar onto your legs and go for a jog, see if having something srapped to your leg is a good idea then.

Grumblegrunt

LE
Book Reviewer
cant you strap pouches to your legs with tourniquiks? job done :)

Selotape a carrier bag with a bag or sugar onto your legs and go for a jog, see if having something srapped to your leg is a good idea then.
Top tip use flour and make a small hole in the bag, then you can follow the trail home, hope this helps.

Top tip use flour and make a small hole in the bag, then you can follow the trail home, hope this helps.
avoid sugar though or the Afghan ants will follow you home and eat you in your sleep.

probably.

The_Snail

ADC
RIP

MadBaxter

Swinger
what about the guys with the light machine guns, their mag pouches must be miles bulkier, where are they supposed to put them?

Z

Zarathustra

what about the guys with the light machine guns, their mag pouches must be miles bulkier, where are they supposed to put them?
I generally carry my LMG in my hands, it's a right bastard trying to get it out of a pouch in a contact.

M

Mark The Convict

You'll be issued one of these to carry it all, and if you aren't, you'll wish you had been;

Shandy123

War Hero
couldn't find a suitable thread but thought this was the right place for this important advisory from DCTA I recvd at work recently:

Subject: release-authorised: Egyptian Battle Kit - R-292359z Feb 11 Z… covering AUSCANUKUS - Eyes Only.......[TRADOC initial assessment - some of this product has already surfaced on the Web...we need to grip this people...]

----begins---------

So just to outline here – these are makeshift helmets made by the Egyptians whilst scrapping in their current predicament. I shall guide you through these pieces of registered non standard army kit:

Your classic 1979 ‘Tribottle rag’ helmet – a must in any type of combat

A late 80’s ‘boxhat’. The bloke next to him doesn’t appear too sure of its effectiveness

A renaissance period piece of brickwear teamed with a black and cream scarf. Textbook

Im not sure that tuna sarnie he is about to lob is gonna cause to much destruction.
Old skool 80’s broken bin helmet. I personally love the fact he needs to lift it up to see – does he spend the rest of the time walking in to things??

Textbook saucepaning with lifejacket combo. He does not take, ANY!!

I literally have no idea what this is.

And the winner by 100 miles.
This bloke is going to war with 2 baguettes strapped to his ears and a ham salad roll
sellotaped to his forehead. I’d def wanna be behind him if someone lobs a load of bricks at me.

-----------endit--------------

Scchhh....you know who....
******* brilliant, that last one literally made me cry with laughter. Thank you.

Latest Threads