Non-Issue equipment banned for Afghan

Any of you lads that have been on tour or are due on tour been told this? Our OC has banned us taking any non-issue gear. Not bothered like, just wondering if anybody else has had the same?

Did not have this problem, I had my Buffalo, a lot of lads had North Face 700s. I also used my own Warrior belt kit/ pouches. We were stopped from wearing baseball caps though and the haircut/sideburn police were out in force even in the PBs.

Seems a bit excessive if he goes as far as banning individuals boots of preference. If your rear ech it wont bother you much. What role/tasks are you likely to be performing?

M

Mark The Convict

It's either your OC/CSM being ****, or thinking ahead and trying to prevent MoD bureaucrats from swindling you out of your compensation entitlements because 'you weren't using issued PPE' when you were injured/wounded/whatever.

Diggers have been banned from using non-issue mag and grenade pouches for some time (in Aus. at least). It's apparently an arse-covering exercise imposed by Comcare after some cretin (who was using privately-purchased mag pouches) managed to load a ball round into a mag of blank and fire it with the BFA still fitted.

Strangely, the digs in Afg. seem to be using whatever they like...

Hmm thats kind of upsetting for me as I make my living out of selling mostly non-issue kit! would have thought as long as non-PPE or anything funny like beta-c mags would have been ok?

One narrow minded OC from one sub unit.
I'm not going to lose any sleep. One of the first full rigs I did was for an OC. One of the next for a platoon commander in the same unit.

I have a rig in theatre on its third tour and still going strong.

No worries.

Hmm thats kind of upsetting for me as I make my living out of selling mostly non-issue kit! would have thought as long as non-PPE or anything funny like beta-c mags would have been ok?
Tbh I'm with MTC here, the CoC are different but arse covering procedures in ref kit goes on regardless,

however I understand your view KW but surely your other customer base would be CPO's & other civilian security sectors, airsofter's, besides the suppliers kit has never been so good for consumers with the amount of suppliers popping up over the years, any improvement of rip-off Silvermans is a thumbs up...

Tbh I'm with MTC here, the CoC are different but arse covering procedures in ref kit goes on regardless,

however I understand your view KW but surely your other customer base would be CPO's & other civilian security sectors, airsofter's, besides the suppliers kit has never been so good for consumers with the amount of suppliers popping up over the years, any improvement of rip-off Silvermans is a thumbs up...
Plus I do gear that no one else does!
:)

It might only be our Coy that has this rule, I haven't asked blokes in other coy's yet but i'll find out. The OC is all over the PPE thing. Also nothing is allowed to be carried below the hips and nothing must be strapped onto the front of our ospreys incase a blast forces them into our face.