Non-Int Corps doing J2

Good Morning All

My opening caveat - I have used the search forum and I can't find what I'm after conclusively.

Specifically: Is there still areas of the Army that have J2 that are run by non-Int Corps personnel - example - Battalion Int Cells?

If this is still a thing, I'd really like to know: The full title of the course, who runs it and how long it is.

Could take to PM/MODNET if necessary, I am after a quickish breakdown and am away from my usual formal sources for such questions.

Thanks - VIC

D

Deleted 184666

Good Morning All

My opening caveat - I have used the search forum and I can't find what I'm after conclusively.

Specifically: Is there still areas of the Army that have J2 that are run by non-Int Corps personnel - example - Battalion Int Cells?

If this is still a thing, I'd really like to know: The full title of the course, who runs it and how long it is.

Could take to PM/MODNET if necessary, I am after a quickish breakdown and am away from my usual formal sources for such questions.

Thanks -
Look for Unit Intelligence Officer ran at Chicksands by DSI (or whatever it may be called now). It was aimed at Officers and SNCO who were becoming battle group IO or AIO.

Good Morning All

Thanks - VIC
It was called the RIO/RINCO course in the old days.

There is a DInfo TRA/TDT rep at Chicksands I think, should have a SOTR to hand that would cover you ask regarding what trg is available for non Int. There is an assumption that all those posts attract trg however....

I attended the Brigade and Regimental Intelligence Officers’ course in Templer Barracks, Ashford, many years ago. The Int Corps present at the time couldn’t have organised a panic on a sinking ship.

I attended the Brigade and Regimental Intelligence Officers’ course in Templer Barracks, Ashford, many years ago. The Int Corps present at the time couldn’t have organised a panic on a sinking ship.
Most of us were busy elsewhere, probably. Mainly wheezy boys with chits from Matron posted there.

couldn’t have organised a panic on a sinking ship.
I read that as 'Picnic' at first, and thought 'fair enough; there would probably be very little appetite for such an event'.

napier

LE
Kit Reviewer
I did the BRIC at Ashford in the early 90s, where I shagged a fairly ropey Eastern European int officer (Rumanian?) in the spirit of glasnost.

Sarastro

LE
Kit Reviewer
As above, Unit Intelligence Officer course, or the Tactical Intelligence Course, although I think the latter was discontinued or substantially changed after Afghanistan. This is a few years out of date though, so they have probably been renamed sixteen or so times since then.

The Int Corps present at the time couldn’t have organised a panic on a sinking ship.
Still quite accurate, although in fairness, they'd certainly be capable of winging one. You've just reminded me of one brilliant assessment of an Int Corps officer in a joint HQ:

"At least when the RAF J2 flap, something eventually ends up in the air."

Shades of Navy Lark's ... "'ello.... intelligence 'ere"

Latest Threads