Non-drinkers

Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HantsTiger, Nov 22, 2004.

?
  1. Its their choice, leave them be

12.5%
  2. Normally mad enough not to need alcohol

23.2%
  3. OK, as long as they don't get preachy

42.9%
  4. Lame and boring.

21.4%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Discuss.

2. So long as they don't discuss recipes for Non-Alcoholic Cocktails with weird and twee names"Virgin Mary"John Panton""Homo Wallbanger".All the more for us drunken sots to consume and they are also very useful for duties on festive occasions :twisted:

3. who said "never trust a man that don't drink"
    :?:

4. as long as they dont tell me im slowly killing myself by drinkin poision....then there're cool :roll:

i like the odd pint of poision...commonly known as stella :twisted:

5. Well I have to confess I used to be one of those "make mine a coke" people...(and meaning the cola drink before there's any funny comments).

but then saw the light and decided to give my liver a hard time like everyone else - that's what it's there for!!

Wouldnt you hate to be a liver and have nothing to do?

On a more serious note: in my non-alcoholic :roll: days I didnt preach or get into that whole 'my body is a temple' bullshit... it was just a choice. No big deal.
    I was almost subjected to a kangaroo court because of it... but they relented and found someone else to bugger with a broom-handle instead (j/k)

6. but they relented and found someone else to bugger with a broom-handle instead (j/k)[/quote]

Bad luck old chap but keep your fingures crossed you will find the love you seek

7. Wasn't it Winston Churchill who said:

'There are two drinking problems. Those who drink too much, and those who drink too little.'

8. Not sure about the Churchill quote.. but the earlier one about not trusting a man that doesnt drink was W C Fields.

[​IMG]

9. [​IMG]

10. In case anyone is wondering why I put up this poll, I have had someone slanging me at work because I don't drink, despite having a valid (albeit a non medical) reason. Im not teetotal, as they say "I do enjoy a snifter of port at christmas, and when the toasts are called", I just don't drink alcohol for pleasure. Is it really that great a crime??????

11. MUSLIM,MORMON or PANCAKE TUESDAY ADVENTIST?

12. I'm not what you would call a 'drinker'. I like the odd pint or two when out and I drink at celebrations etc but I hate getting bladdered. I don't like the loss of control or the morning after and the older I get, the longer it takes to recover so I don't do it any more.

But, I have no objection to any one else doing their thing, as long as it doesn't impact on me or my family. As for quotes, my favourite is "Drink problem? I have no drink problem. I drink, I fall down - no problem!"

I HAVE NO TIME FOR DRINK DRIVERS :evil: though. Nor have I any time for the reformed drinker/smoker who preaches to you how harmful it is for you. It's a free society we live in (at the moment?) so enjoy your chosen route to the grave, after all, your a long time there!

13. Nope, passenger in a car driven by a drink driver. Ever heard of 'Alice's adventures through the looking glass'? It was HT's adventure through his mate's head and the windscreen glass (dodgy seatbelts in the back) :( Would sober anyone up for life, I would have thought

14. I don't see a problem w/ your not drinking. If I were you, I'd tell the tosser that he could sob my nob if he didn't like it. :twisted:

Good luck with the b@stard.

15. Read 'The Doors of Perception' by Aldous Huxley.

Soberiety - Hah! this book puts in words all those formless, vague, but deep feelings we normal people have when presented with one of you teetotal wierdos. Have a few and get back to me.