Discussion in 'The NAAFI Bar' started by HantsTiger, Nov 22, 2004.

1. Its their choice, leave them be

2. Normally mad enough not to need alcohol

3. OK, as long as they don't get preachy

4. Lame and boring.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Discuss.
  2. So long as they don't discuss recipes for Non-Alcoholic Cocktails with weird and twee names"Virgin Mary"John Panton""Homo Wallbanger".All the more for us drunken sots to consume and they are also very useful for duties on festive occasions :twisted:
  3. who said "never trust a man that don't drink"
  4. as long as they dont tell me im slowly killing myself by drinkin poision....then there're cool :roll:

i like the odd pint of poision...commonly known as stella :twisted:
  5. Well I have to confess I used to be one of those "make mine a coke" people...(and meaning the cola drink before there's any funny comments).

but then saw the light and decided to give my liver a hard time like everyone else - that's what it's there for!!

Wouldnt you hate to be a liver and have nothing to do?

On a more serious note: in my non-alcoholic :roll: days I didnt preach or get into that whole 'my body is a temple' bullshit... it was just a choice. No big deal.
    I was almost subjected to a kangaroo court because of it... but they relented and found someone else to bugger with a broom-handle instead (j/k)
  6. but they relented and found someone else to bugger with a broom-handle instead (j/k)[/quote]

Bad luck old chap but keep your fingures crossed you will find the love you seek
  7. Wasn't it Winston Churchill who said:

'There are two drinking problems. Those who drink too much, and those who drink too little.'
  8. Not sure about the Churchill quote.. but the earlier one about not trusting a man that doesnt drink was W C Fields.

9. [​IMG]
  10. In case anyone is wondering why I put up this poll, I have had someone slanging me at work because I don't drink, despite having a valid (albeit a non medical) reason. Im not teetotal, as they say "I do enjoy a snifter of port at christmas, and when the toasts are called", I just don't drink alcohol for pleasure. Is it really that great a crime??????
  12. I'm not what you would call a 'drinker'. I like the odd pint or two when out and I drink at celebrations etc but I hate getting bladdered. I don't like the loss of control or the morning after and the older I get, the longer it takes to recover so I don't do it any more.

But, I have no objection to any one else doing their thing, as long as it doesn't impact on me or my family. As for quotes, my favourite is "Drink problem? I have no drink problem. I drink, I fall down - no problem!"

I HAVE NO TIME FOR DRINK DRIVERS :evil: though. Nor have I any time for the reformed drinker/smoker who preaches to you how harmful it is for you. It's a free society we live in (at the moment?) so enjoy your chosen route to the grave, after all, your a long time there!
  13. Nope, passenger in a car driven by a drink driver. Ever heard of 'Alice's adventures through the looking glass'? It was HT's adventure through his mate's head and the windscreen glass (dodgy seatbelts in the back) :( Would sober anyone up for life, I would have thought
  14. I don't see a problem w/ your not drinking. If I were you, I'd tell the tosser that he could sob my nob if he didn't like it. :twisted:

Good luck with the b@stard.
  15. Read 'The Doors of Perception' by Aldous Huxley.

Soberiety - Hah! this book puts in words all those formless, vague, but deep feelings we normal people have when presented with one of you teetotal wierdos. Have a few and get back to me.