Non-DPM basha

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by GunsaBlazin, Apr 10, 2006.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hello All

Being an ex OTC-er, I have fond memories of kipping down under army bashas, first the old canvas variety and then the gucci DPM ones that came out the year I left. I've just bought myself a bivvi bag off eBay for a bit of summer camping, and I would really like to track down a basha to use as well. However, I'm joining a new climbing/walking group and I don't really want to rock up with anything DPM to sleep in/under, lest I be mistaken for some kind of scary knife-between-the-teeth walt that insists all my climbing chums do stag and keep talking about oppos when we're halfway up a crag.

Therefore, I'm looking for recommendations for civilian equivalents of the current issue basha, so that I don't end up on the hills with a blue builders tarp and a couple of multi-coloured bungies with frayed ends. I particularly want something really light, with that sort of waxy waterproof finishing the issue sheet has. Muted colours are preferable, so OG green would be alright I think. Any ideas?

Cheers

Guns

2. Have a look atcrossfire. they sell a bivvy sheet in a proofed nylon material which may be suitable

3. Thanks, will have a gander!

4. Sorry to be a spam, but have you got a URL? I can't seem to find Crossfire with Google...

5. Click on the word "crossfire" within Browny's post.

6. Duh

*slaps forehead*

That'll teach me for using Ghostzilla - can't see blimmin links!

7. Fcukin 'ell - 105 aussie dollars.

Ouch.

Anyone else know of anything in the UK that's a mite cheaper?

8. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

9. Special air sea services do a basha in olive green .

10. Cutaway

Cutaway LE Reviewer

11. Ahhh, that's more like it!

Cheers ears :)

12. Oooh, those ponchos are shady as fcuk Cutaway, cheers for the link though :)

13. Vaude do a selection of tarps - although they are harder to come by in the UK

14. Gentlemen,

Remember our dollar is about 45 pence(?) at the moment, so half the cost and add postage.