• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Non Combat operations

I have noticed that we seem to be deploying a lot of non combat vessels in lieu of warships.

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | Navy captures 13 Somali pirates

How long before the MPGS take over from the Loamshires? Is this defence on the cheap? A few gun boats (think MTB/MGB would surely be better). The Australians have a nice boat on TVs Sea Patrol, cheaper than a destroyer and more suitable than an RFA surely.

Happy to mount a 12 bore on my Freeman 22 and call myself a ship of the line, a .22 on my Beemer and call myself a armed car. Trade in a couple of Typhoons for a few hundred Prop jobs.

RC

I have noticed that we seem to be deploying a lot of non combat vessels in lieu of warships.

Ministry of Defence | Defence News | Military Operations | Navy captures 13 Somali pirates

How long before the MPGS take over from the Loamshires? Is this defence on the cheap? A few gun boats (think MTB/MGB would surely be better). The Australians have a nice boat on TVs Sea Patrol, cheaper than a destroyer and more suitable than an RFA surely.

Happy to mount a 12 bore on my Freeman 22 and call myself a ship of the line, a .22 on my Beemer and call myself a armed car. Trade in a couple of Typhoons for a few hundred Prop jobs.

RC
Open the sun roof on the beemer and I'll be on top cover!

It really is quite pathetic, but we need to do something and we're strapped for cash. It's a lot smarter than investing billions in warships, only to bankrupt the country and end up unable to pay for them.

Latest Threads