Nokia N95

Depends what you mean by "proper."
It's got a decent enough browser, but not quite as good as the iPhone.
Personally, I hated my N95 and sold it ASAP.

Yes it does. I would say it was better too.

Plus the phone itself does more. The interface isn't as ally as the iPhone but you will get much more from the N95.

sad to say, but i'm on my N95 now, i'm away from a pc for a while, so i use this. Must say that reading certain threads in the NAAFI Bar is not recommend in public, trains etc, as the coffee on a key board is nowhere near as bad as coffee on someone elses keyboard like i did this afternoon after reading suggestions on how to deal with 15 year old promiscous daughters.

The N95 is one of the best phones Nokia has produced. Debrand and upgrade its firmware to v20.x and you have an excellent GPS device, web browsing device, mp3/media player (Which can play music streams like digitallyimported), a TV out player (For playing your films on a TV) and a smartphone to boot!

Pielover said:
Have you thought about getting one of these?:

:twisted:
all the time, is it you :?: :?: :?: :?:

soldier.a said:
The N95 is one of the best phones Nokia has produced. Debrand and upgrade its firmware to v20.x and you have an excellent GPS device, web browsing device, mp3/media player
Agree totally but Ahem now on V21.0.016.

The N95 is a good bit of kit. Plus it has one other advantage over the iPhone - you won't look like an iCock.

its better than the n73 but thats not hard!! i recommend the n73 to room 101,fcuking useless piece of shite! :twisted: no probs with n75.............................yet! :threaten:

jibman said:
its better than the n73 but thats not hard!! i recommend the n73 to room 101,fcuking useless piece of shite! :twisted: no probs with n75.............................yet! :threaten:
my N70 is still going strong 3 yrs on. :D :D :D :D

Macks said:
Your not the only one, to fecking fiddly and sod all battery life. :evil:

And the camera is shite.

jibman said:
+1 Mine kept on crashing and l'd loose all my pictures, numbers messages everything. I might consider a N95 if they seem to be getting good reviews.

LordVonHarley said:
Macks said:
Your not the only one, to fecking fiddly and sod all battery life. :evil:

And the camera is shite.
Can't really attempt to change your opinion about the camera (Actually Sony Ericssons cameras are far better than Nokias but I wouldn't call the one in the N95 shite).

The poor battery life is an issue down to 3G in a poor 3G signal area and is common to most phones. Turn 3G off and watch the battery life go up days on end.

My N95 was great, while I put up with the fact that it kept giving me connection errors when I linked it to my laptop. I disabled some settings and now it won't connect to the laptop at all! Oops that'll teach me for going to forums and follwing advice after a few bevvies?

By the way does anyone know how I can get my laptop to recognise my now very limited N95?????

Horridlittleman said:
My N95 was great, while I put up with the fact that it kept giving me connection errors when I linked it to my laptop. I disabled some settings and now it won't connect to the laptop at all! Oops that'll teach me for going to forums and follwing advice after a few bevvies?

By the way does anyone know how I can get my laptop to recognise my now very limited N95?????
What settings did you change can you remember? If it's the setting I think you altered you need to go into the Connections folder, go into "USB" and make sure it says "Ask on connection".