Nokia lumina (thoughts)

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by Porridge_gun, Jan 27, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Porridge_gun

Porridge_gun LE Good Egg (charities)

Geeks

New blackberry 9900 whilst fast is pig **** because the touch screen turns your phone onto speaker phone while you talk by your cheek touching the active screen, also the battery life is trousers, for that device have gone onto a 9790, which so far is proving to be superb.

The other handset is an iPhone 4s whilst cool and down with the kids, as a handset and telephone it's plop, battery also pants. This led me to play around with some other handsets, in particular the new Nokia luminar.

The poly magic case is very robust and biff proof, the processor seems rapid and am quietly impressed with the handset and am quite fancying one. What I don't want, rewinding the clock four years is another n95 experience where Nokia displayed levels of shitness previously unimagined.

Anyone got one of these luminars? Primarily it's a handset but with six or seven separate email accounts. The telephone part of need needs simple call history, similar to blackberry's with quick access to missed, dialed and previous numbers.

Also is there a way of printing emails directly to a local network printer from a blackberry or iPhone?

2. You can print from an iPhone.

3. Not got one myself, but a mate of mine got one when they first came out. He's a real uber-geek and does his research, then ends up with some very tasty kit, so when he speaks highly of the Lumia I guess it means something.

4. I'm being given a free google nexus tomorrow. It looks good. I've already put my iPhone 4 on eBay. I looks like there is life after apple.

Galaxy Nexus

5. Porridge_gun

Don't like Samsung phones they give me aneurysms

6. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

iPhone is for complete luddite idiots - I suggest you purchase one before you do yourself a mischief.

7. I was of the same opinion until I was given the nexus s. The new nexus fixes the very few short comings the S has.

8. Porridge_gun

I don't use a tenth of the apps I thought I would, I picked up a luminar and rated it on first appearances. Will never be talked into a Samsung they are made by japs and they tortured david niven

• Like Like x 3
  9. Fair enough.

10. My current mobile is a Motorola Razr, build quality. Battery not great although there is a new Razr Max coming very soon which addresses this problem. I am very happy with mine so far.

11. Samsung are a Korean company, and, in general, the Koreans aren't over fond of the Japs either...

12. Porridge_gun

They are all the same. Untrustworthy dog eaters, has no one got a luminar?

13. I don't grumble when I can get them free.

14. I think you might find that they are made by Koreans from the southern half of the penninsular and they suffered up there with Niven.

15. Porridge_gun

So no advice on a lumina just a correction on slopes, should I retitle the thread?