• ARRSE have partnered with Armadillo Merino to bring you an ARRSE exclusive, generous discount offer on their full price range.
    To keep you warm with the best of Merino gear, visit www.armadillomerino.co.uk and use the code: NEWARRSE40 at the checkout to get 40% off!
    This superb deal has been generously offered to us by Armadillo Merino and is valid until midnight on the the 28th of February.

Nokia lumina (thoughts)

Geeks

New blackberry 9900 whilst fast is pig **** because the touch screen turns your phone onto speaker phone while you talk by your cheek touching the active screen, also the battery life is trousers, for that device have gone onto a 9790, which so far is proving to be superb.

The other handset is an iPhone 4s whilst cool and down with the kids, as a handset and telephone it's plop, battery also pants. This led me to play around with some other handsets, in particular the new Nokia luminar.

The poly magic case is very robust and biff proof, the processor seems rapid and am quietly impressed with the handset and am quite fancying one. What I don't want, rewinding the clock four years is another n95 experience where Nokia displayed levels of shitness previously unimagined.

Anyone got one of these luminars? Primarily it's a handset but with six or seven separate email accounts. The telephone part of need needs simple call history, similar to blackberry's with quick access to missed, dialed and previous numbers.

Also is there a way of printing emails directly to a local network printer from a blackberry or iPhone?

Not got one myself, but a mate of mine got one when they first came out. He's a real uber-geek and does his research, then ends up with some very tasty kit, so when he speaks highly of the Lumia I guess it means something.

P

PrinceAlbert

I'm being given a free google nexus tomorrow. It looks good. I've already put my iPhone 4 on eBay. I looks like there is life after apple.

Galaxy Nexus

I don't use a tenth of the apps I thought I would, I picked up a luminar and rated it on first appearances. Will never be talked into a Samsung they are made by japs and they tortured david niven

My current mobile is a Motorola Razr, build quality. Battery not great although there is a new Razr Max coming very soon which addresses this problem. I am very happy with mine so far.

I don't use a tenth of the apps I thought I would, I picked up a luminar and rated it on first appearances. Will never be talked into a Samsung they are made by japs and they tortured david niven
I think you might find that they are made by Koreans from the southern half of the penninsular and they suffered up there with Niven.

So no advice on a lumina just a correction on slopes, should I retitle the thread?
Not really. Samsung tend to be best at adopting other's ideas rather than inventing from scratch. Have a look at what it is based on. They can copy well but occasionally stuff it up badly as with the K9. Gun not phone!

maguire

LE
Book Reviewer
was considering a razr but as with the iphone, its a sealed unit - if you burn through the battery theres no being able to fit a spare till you can find a handy usb port. went for the Galaxy S2 and happier than a happy thing with it.

PG, it's me! I'm the one with the Lumia.

What do you want to know? You can PM me if you like, as my phone has full site functionality, or you could get me on one of the three e-mail addresses I am currently using with this phone.

Latest Threads