Nokia E71 - Iphone Contacts transfer

Discussion in 'Mobile Phones' started by CC_TA, Jun 14, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Apologies if this is in the wrong place.

I currently have a Nokia E71 and I'm looking at getting a Iphone thingy as my next upgrade. The problem I can see is that Iphone doesn't do bluetooth so I think I'll struggle to transfer my contacts and all my phone info from Nokia to Iphone.

Does anyone the best (Simplest as I'm a bit of a biff on techno stuff) way to transfer? (I can't use the SIM as it doesn't copy all the info.) Is there a way to copy from Nokia PC Suite to Apple software? Or shall I just keep it simple and stick with a Nokia?

Cheers in advance.

2. Cheers for the swift reply - I shall try the links and 'borrow' an Iphone to test it on. I shall have a glimpers at the N8 too.

Cheers again!

3. I recently ported over my contacts from an old nokia to my spanking new iPhone 3gs.
    Through the nokia pc suite, copy all your contacts to your outlook contacts.
    Then sync your iPhone with your outlook contacts. Job jobbed.
    I havent looked back since i got the iPhone and I have always been wary of apple. Once you get used to the apps you will be like a big kid again.
    Nokia, pfft.

4. Nokia X6, I have the Nokia 5800 touch phone plenty of free apps on Ovi good phone (works for me)

5. Schaden

Schaden LE Book Reviewer

Sync both with Outlook first with the Nokia and then with the iPhone - easy peasy.

6. Bin the iphone and get an N900. In my opinion it beats the Iphone (inc. 4) and any other phone currently on the market, best phone I have ever had.

Runs Linux OS, its totally open source, 32Gb memory as standard, full multi tasking (dont know how the iphone 4 handles this, 3gs was rubbish), connect via standard USB and not limited by having to connect through a specific app!

To all intents and purposes the N900 is a mobile computer with phone functionality, the biggest drawback that many people dont liek is it doesn't necessarily do everythign 'out of the box', but that is how it was designed, you get the apps to give you the functionality you want / need without all the extras. Oh, and 99% of the apps are free, a few paid ones are starting to show but not many. Again, this is the nature of open source.

7. Hell yeah! My N900 owns. But if you're a techno-biff, it's not for you!

So far (in under a month) I've bust mine twice. I restored it to working order (with a bit of luck and help off the net) but I can't recommend it to someone who wants a KISS phone.

The HTC Desire, however, is really nice. Simple, but with enough depth to do everything. Plus Android apps are often cheaper than iPhone apps.

8. Ord_Sgt

Ord_Sgt RIP

Theres a service where you can store all your contact data online and access it from any phone/computer, so upload from your current phone then you can use an app on the iphone to retrieve it all. I don't recall the name right now, I'll try and track it down for you.

9. Geeks; Cheers for the info - I shall see what's on offer and see if I can get me hands on freebies while I'm there.

10. feck getting an iPhone - you have to pay monthly to 'tether' it for Internet access.

with free Internet on my E71 - i bought a mini-Bluetooth dongle for my NetBook and I now have FREE mobile broadband everywhere.

11. Just had a look at the Nokia X6 32Gb - anyone got any views on that? Cheers peeps.