Noise in the block

Discussion in 'Army Pay, Claims & JPA' started by vampireuk, Jun 28, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is anybody aware of what options I have for dealing with noise in the block, unfortunately the person staying up until 3am with his tv on loud enough that you can hear it at the other end of the building is a full screw so my option of beating him around the head with a breaker bar is a non starter. I've banged on his door to have no response and this is not the first time he has sodding well done this. :roll:
  2. Get into his room when he is not there and either remove all the fuses from his plugs, or do what my brother did when he shared a house years ago, cut all the wires off his stuff
  3. Call out the ROS each and every time. Ensure it is logged in the occurance book.

Soon enough either the RSM or the chopper in question will get bored.
  4. I had the same problem with the camp drunk in the mess in edinburgh. The circuit breakers were located in the cleaning cupboard which was always unlocked. I just used the switch the power off to his room.
  5. Worked for me as well (not in the mess in Edinburgh but in the block at Minden).

ACDC go all quiet with a lack of AC.
  6. Sounds like you need to introduce your colleague to a Shovel GS at dark o'clock.
  7. If you get a thin pin, you can push it into the middle of the power cable and then snip it off either side so that it's completely undetectable.

It shorts the two cables inside the power cable together and means that the fuse blows as soon as he switches the power on.
  8. Got the same problems with some posties here :(
  9. In the short term white noise from a de-tuned FM radio might drown it. Doubtless this is "conduct prejudicial to the keeping of...."
  10. how about writing in shat C.U.N.T on his door
  11. Pour milk under his door, it won't stop the noise but will stink after a couple of days.
  12. A stamp on the head might work.

Taxi! :roll:
  13. Cut the power cord off tight against the back of the stereo (unplug it first ;) )

Then write "good luck re-wiring that you cnut " on the front in tippex :D
  14. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

but would he get the message?
  15. Pop a note under his door asking him to turn it down a notch or two. Make sure you sign it and be polite.