Noel Fieldings Luxury Comedy

Discussion in 'Films, Music and All Things Artsy' started by foggy_balla, Feb 2, 2012.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Watched last week and again tonight. Aside from the occasional chuckle I'm not sure I'm getting the "comedy" in it. Am I missing something? Also, is it just me or are there an awful lot of 70's kiddy telly allusions in there?

2. He's one of them blokes who tells you he's funny.. "look at me im crazy hahahahahahahah". Generally agree with you.. he's mostly a boring ****!

3. Series 1 of Mighty Boosh was great. Season 2 less so. Season 3 bilge.

4. He does enliven "Never Mind the Buzzcocks". Sometimes he rescues some pretty dire contestants.

5. To be honest, that's why I'm giving it a watch. Caught a few bits and bobs of The Mighty Boosh. Not my cup of tea, but entertaining enough for the most part. Watching him on Buzzcocks he comes across as intelligent, witty and quite funny. Just not getting much of that in this series. No doubting his imagination mind you, but it's complete nonsense.

6. My bold - I think that's the idea. Give it a chance, once you get to know characters it may improve! After all Only fools and horses wasn't a hit on the first series :)

7. Noel Fielding will always be 'Richmond Felicity Avenal' to me.