Nobel Prize Wining Scientist Claims To Have Teleported DNA.

Discussion in 'The Science Forum' started by radiorental, Jan 25, 2011.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Is that what he's actually claiming? I got the impression that he was claiming that they'd induced a 'nano structure' in a sample of pure water that contained the original DNA's 'information'. AFAICT (not being a biologist), they then used polymerase chain reaction techniques to recreate the DNA; they hypothesize that human lymphocytes were responsible for transcribing the nano-structures corresponding to Mycoplasma pirum DNA into the bacterial DNA itself.
  2. Hmmmm? Why I am Nominating Luc Montagnier for an IgNobel Prize | The Quackometer

Quote ...

"Montagnier’s status as a Nobel Prize winner lends a level of credence to these views that they do not deserve. His authority will be used by those who wish to exploit the vulnerable with quack cures. This is life and death stuff. Nobel prizes are the greatest scientific honour, but they also create false authorities and science, unique in human endeavours, does not need authorities. It runs on evidence, reason and critical thinking. And that is dangerously missing from Montagnier’s work."
  3. Evidence also appears to missing from that quote ... and from the article. It's very simple, if Montagnier is right, then his work will be able to be replicated; if it's wrong then it won't ... and all the snide comments and damning by association won't change a thing either way.
  4. He's also made a name for himself, such as it is, by appearing in the HIV/AIDS denialist film House of Numbers stating that HIV can be cleared naturally through nutrition and supplements....

Lately Montagnier appears to be claiming that solutions containing the DNA of pathogenic bacteria and viruses, including HIV, "could emit low frequency radio waves" that induced surrounding water molecules to become arranged into "nanostructures". These water molecules, he said, could also emit radio waves

He has suggested water could retain such properties even after the original solutions were massively diluted, to the point where the original DNA had effectively vanished. In this way, he claims water could retain the "memory" of substances with which it had been in contact -- and doctors could use the emissions to detect disease.
  5. I briefly flicked through this in New Scientist a few days ago, it smacks of the 'Memory of Water' malarkey in the late 80s with that filmstar French chap who's since passed away. It will be interesting to see whether the water had any effect or whether there's something else going on.

6. I can see lots of shyster lawyers trying to use this to discredit DNA evidence in court