Nobel Laureate - Browns economic policy is the right one

Discussion in 'Current Affairs, News and Analysis' started by Bazzinho1977, Feb 9, 2010.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Interesting news

Just watched channel 4 news. Professor Joseph Stiglitz has just openly and clearly said that Gordon brown is correct to let the deficit keep growing in order to support the fragile recovery we currently have.

Not saying we should therefore keep the idiot in power - but it does provide food for thought.
  2. Not really, look hard enough and you'll find an academic to support any viewpoint.
  3. Seems a bit harsh. Stiglitz is not just some random beardie cardigan wearing academic. He knows his stuff. Although he does have a beard, wear cardigans and is an academic, but you get my point.
  4. Does this mean that I should allow my daughter to go on and on spending, spending and running up debt?

What is the difference between a dopey daughter and a dopey prime minister?

The daughter only drives me insane whilst the dopey idiot in No. 10 drives the country mad and bankrupts it for generations, if not for ever!

Brown should be arrested before he can inflict more damage on this broken nation.
  5. So enlighten us then, rather than just criticise tell us what should be done ?
  6. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

at a guess, stop throwing money at fripperies we, as a nation, just have NOT GOT the money for?

then again, I'm only a layman in this area, so what do I know?? :?
  7. Yeah - Stiglitz point was that we should be spending money on supporting the recovery. So it depends on what you see as fripperies, really.

I should also add, it seemed to be a vote of confidence in his current policies, not the failed ones that got us here in the first place.
  9. And stop spending 1.9 million quid on an enquiry to get 2.1 million quid back from bent MPs and their expenses.
  10. maguire

maguire LE Book Reviewer

fripperies - off the top of my head, giving god knows how much to a country that then turns around and spends it on a fcuking space programme. I'm all for science and pushing back the frontiers of knowledge, but if you've got money to p1ss up the wall in this manner when everyone else is in dire straits financially, you clearly dont need anyone elses cash.

and we must be the biggest fcuking mugs of all to put up with this sh1t. if that boggle eyed tw4t Griffin announced he was making this the main theme of his election campaign I'd giver serious consideration to voting for him.
  11. But very few Chief Economists of the World Bank. Stiglitz is smart, very smart. He's got an uncanny knack of prediction, so I wouldn't dismiss him as just another mental case from the staff room.
  12. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator

13. £10 says he is just another mental case and he and Goron Brown are full of sh*t. For a start we are not in "recovery" as the next set of data will show. 8)
  15. BiscuitsAB

BiscuitsAB LE Moderator