No2's or Operational Clothing

Discussion in 'Army Reserve' started by Part_Timer, Nov 16, 2004.

?
  1. No2 Dress uniform: So they don't look shabby next to the riff raff cadets on parades

57.9%
  2. 2 x 95 Pattern Smock Jackets: Why should we go to the surplus shop for one to wear and one to launde

42.1%

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. I kind of threadjacked the Remembrance Day thread and seemed to be going against the grain in suggesting that we should be issued more 95 pattern as opposed to more dress clothing.

So here it is: a choice between the two

2. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

Its just a matter of cost. The MOD wont supply it to the TA on that basis alone, it enough drama getting the younger regs the kit

3. I'm not asking for the rights or wrongs, cans or can'ts - just a vote

4. I suggest alternatively Join a decent unit down south that will provide

No 1's / infantry blues for such occasions
    2 X C95 jkt for messing about in barracks
    2X smocks for exercises

Problem solved.

Oh, then you spend stupid amounts of time doing really bone stuff too.

5. buy number 2s on ebay or surplus shops and its yours, you can change buttons and collar dogs any time you want. its quicker than a quarter master store.

6. Surely on a parade the whole unit would have to have them, otherwise you are just taking up the misses wardrobe space?

7. From what I've seen most units seem to have a reasonable stock of 2's if you're of an average size. Anyone outwith this seems to have a bit of a nightmare getting said uniform.

From these posts have some TA units withdrawn No 2 dress if so who and why ?

8. My unit never seems to issue them, though recent RSMs have started making SNCOs where either mess dress or No2 dress into mess dinners.

Of course, there's loads of the bloody things at RHQ...

I understand this may be at odds with the majority of units - any comments from those in other units?

9. Our whole battalion got issued no2s this year (second sets for some people)
    But we wern't gonna do the colours parade in combats were we?

10. I've just signed on to ARRSE, but immediately saw this & feel really strongly that at very least, we should parade in No. 2s. I'm told by my SQMS that TA units are scaled only for 10% Service Dress. This is outrageous if the perception is to be one of a part-time professional organisation.

Regardless of cost or other weak excuses, our boys need to view themselves as more than just cabbage-patched kit kids! I would be interested in hearing any views on how to lobby this case with a collective voice!

WOOF WOOF!!

11. There aren't even enough No2 sets to issue recruits at Phase 2 training let alone the TA. Don't hold your breath.

12. As far as I am concerned all TA should be issued with No. 2s for such occasions. I know it's enough of a drama sometimes even getting the right C95 to new blokes but as was mentioned previously, C95 on public parades makes TA soldiers look like overgrown cadets. Even if No. 2s have to be issued on an as needed basis, this is workable with the money, resources etc the TA has at the moment. Ideally, all TA personnel should have this uniform all time for them to keep at home. How can we claim to be professional soldiers if we turn up on ceremonial occasions looking like we do in the field? End of rant.

13. Bring back BattleDress - you know you all want it really!

14. GunnersQuadrant

GunnersQuadrant LE Moderator

WW1 Battledress and No 2 Dress are the same thing. :D :roll: :wink: