No2 Uniform

#1
Hi All,

Im a newbie so go easy on me, Just joining my local Royal Sigs TA group and I have a quick question.

Im told you get all your uni and kit apart from No2s. In about 8months time my friend whos a reg is getting married and No2s are required. As these are not supplied by the TA they say I will have to buy them from a surplus store or eBay etc. Is this right or can I apply to get them supplied? Otherwise, is there a tailor that can do them like the No1s.

Thanks,
Simon
 
#3
Thanks, I will ask once ive been attested. If they lend me one I will use that as a guide to buying my own.
 

Alsacien

MIA
Moderator
#4
Steadders said:
Hi All,

Im a newbie so go easy on me, Just joining my local Royal Sigs TA group and I have a quick question.

Thanks,
Simon
Alchoholics Anonymous and Weight Watchers have groups, the TA has units :wink:

(Although at times you may not see a big difference)
 

ugly

LE
Moderator
#6
How many weddings will you be going to? Just that wearing your own No2 dress when everyone else is in No8s at Remembrance looks odd, even if an occifer and decidedly queer as a ranker! I cant see the SSM forgetting your name when the camp duties roster is written!
 
#7
ugly said:
How many weddings will you be going to? Just that wearing your own No2 dress when everyone else is in No8s at Remembrance looks odd, even if an occifer and decidedly queer as a ranker! I cant see the SSM forgetting your name when the camp duties roster is written!
It will most likely be this one wedding, but my girlfriend is a Dr. and getting me to attend lots of black tie dinners, would be nice to have a shiney green uniform, makes standing in the middle of a conversation between Drs about medicine blah blah blah more interesting.
 
#10
Steadders said:
ugly said:
FFS buy a decent suit!
I've got a proper Black tie suit, its just alittle boring. Would be nice to not be a nobody at these parties.
You'd rather be a nobody in an illfitting set of No.2s? Do the TA a favour and don't give people anymore ammunition to chuck at them.
 
#12
Try wearing No2 dress.... that will cure your desire to wear it to dinner parties. :D

You should be able to borrow a set for the wedding.

Units not groups.

and we don't refer to uniform as "uni".
 
#14
Well I shall see how I go with asking to borrow one from Stores and Thanks for the warm welcome...
 
#15
A word of caution my friend... IF you decide your going to borrow a set of 2s from the QMs, make sure they fit you properly. There is nothing worse than seeing someone in Ill fitting twos.

It's like sticking a chav in his Dad's / Brother's / Friend's suit for his first court appearance. Just because it looks good on someone else, doesn't necessarily mean it will make you look good. Remember your boots too and the brass ;)

On another note. Why oh why oh why would you want to wear any sort of unifrom to a formal dinner party with civilians, especially if you have no tapes / medals to talk about...
 
#16
Of course if you really want to make an impact and impress at the Girlfriends dinner parties.... try attending in Mess tin order, smeared in salad cream with a noddy boot on your head! Trust me.... you'll be the hit of the function, and people will be talking about it for months if not years.

Post function photos on here please! :twisted:
 
#17
Doogonk said:
Of course if you really want to make an impact and impress at the Girlfriends dinner parties.... try attending in Mess tin order, smeared in salad cream with a noddy boot on your head! Trust me.... you'll be the hit of the function, and people will be talking about it for months if not years.

Post function photos on here please! :twisted:
Say you are an Operator................
 
#20
Obvious but it it has to be asked.
Do you already have:

Shirt
Tie
Collar dogs
Belt (which type)
Boots (type)
Twat hat
Lanyard
Decorations and badges to be sewn on correctly


hh

Sorry also forgot: Permission to wear it at a formal do outside barracks?
 
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
lancerjay Military Clothing & Boots 13
L Military Clothing & Boots 12
DB_Cooper Infantry 19

Similar threads

Latest Threads