No2 Uniform

Discussion in 'Royal Signals' started by Steadders, Jun 8, 2009.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Hi All,

Im a newbie so go easy on me, Just joining my local Royal Sigs TA group and I have a quick question.

Im told you get all your uni and kit apart from No2s. In about 8months time my friend whos a reg is getting married and No2s are required. As these are not supplied by the TA they say I will have to buy them from a surplus store or eBay etc. Is this right or can I apply to get them supplied? Otherwise, is there a tailor that can do them like the No1s.

Thanks,
    Simon

2. Your SQMS should have a supply that you can borrow for the wedding. If you want to own a set, try Ebay.

3. Thanks, I will ask once ive been attested. If they lend me one I will use that as a guide to buying my own.

4. Alsacien

Alsacien LE Moderator

Alchoholics Anonymous and Weight Watchers have groups, the TA has units :wink:

(Although at times you may not see a big difference)

5. tut, FINE! I meant TA unit! So picking! :p

6. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

How many weddings will you be going to? Just that wearing your own No2 dress when everyone else is in No8s at Remembrance looks odd, even if an occifer and decidedly queer as a ranker! I cant see the SSM forgetting your name when the camp duties roster is written!

7. It will most likely be this one wedding, but my girlfriend is a Dr. and getting me to attend lots of black tie dinners, would be nice to have a shiney green uniform, makes standing in the middle of a conversation between Drs about medicine blah blah blah more interesting.

8. ugly

ugly LE Moderator

FFS buy a decent suit!

9. I've got a proper Black tie suit, its just alittle boring. Would be nice to not be a nobody at these parties.

10. You'd rather be a nobody in an illfitting set of No.2s? Do the TA a favour and don't give people anymore ammunition to chuck at them.

11. I will shut up now.

12. Try wearing No2 dress.... that will cure your desire to wear it to dinner parties. :D

You should be able to borrow a set for the wedding.

Units not groups.

and we don't refer to uniform as "uni".

13. And there endeth todays sermon :)

14. Well I shall see how I go with asking to borrow one from Stores and Thanks for the warm welcome...

15. A word of caution my friend... IF you decide your going to borrow a set of 2s from the QMs, make sure they fit you properly. There is nothing worse than seeing someone in Ill fitting twos.

It's like sticking a chav in his Dad's / Brother's / Friend's suit for his first court appearance. Just because it looks good on someone else, doesn't necessarily mean it will make you look good. Remember your boots too and the brass ;)

On another note. Why oh why oh why would you want to wear any sort of unifrom to a formal dinner party with civilians, especially if you have no tapes / medals to talk about...