No2 Peaked Cap - Shaping?

Discussion in 'Weapons, Equipment & Rations' started by Whiskey_60, Jun 24, 2008.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. Right, finally got a peaked cap sorted out for the TA100 garden party.

The problem is my old regiment wore a beret with No2 dress so i have no idea what - if anything - I'm meant to do with it.

Does it have to be shaped at all or do anything to it? When i wear it it doesn't look very... rigid like it does in the photos I've seen (I mean around the top).

Any answers will be greatly appreciated!

W-60

2. it is s'posed to be flat on the top, not like the U boat commander style that was popular, best way I found was to gently spray it with water then leave upside down to dry naturally maybe with weight on the underside and inside to flatten it.

3. wrap it in a wet towel to get that rolled down at the sides tank commander look

4. Another method for the floppy moulded look.

Boil a kettle for the steam and keep it boiling.

Get some grease proof paper, fold it a few times into a strip, wrap it round the the top of the cap and back into the head band.

Steam it for a bit and let it dry off.

5. Wear a beret. SD caps are gay.

6. Go on! Slash the peak!

You know that's what you really want to do.

7. Wet it and pull all the slack over the right ear - oh sorry that was the beret. Cap wet it, pull both sides down then place in between books in the book case until dry. Go the whole hog and turn up in German uniform, sure Harry will make you a drinking partner :)

8. Cheers for that mucker! Much appreciated!

To everyone else, thankyou for the entertaining responses, cheered me right up! :D

W-60