No2 dress regs

Discussion in 'Gunners' started by semper, Oct 28, 2005.

Welcome to the Army Rumour Service, ARRSE

The UK's largest and busiest UNofficial military website.

The heart of the site is the forum area, including:

1. hello hope you guys can help me on what the No2s dress regs are and what colour belt etc incl regimental foibles

pics will be a help

cheers :D

2. Hard to answer as all units regiments are very different could you be a bit ore specific

3. 103 RA ? for example
    i take it there is no generic regs ?

4. I may be wrong but RA do not officially wear a belt with No 2's, if they did then it would be issued

However

I have on many a time wore a White plastic belt to match lanyard and gloves, normally on a pass out parade or similar, its pretty much written as well that Drill instructors wear Black ones, but again no hard and fast rule

5. I may be stating the obvious but ask the Adjutant or RSM of the Regiment. They should have a copy of 'Royal Artillery Dress Regulations' as issued by RHQ Woolwich, which should also list individual 'Regimental Embellishments'

Every Regiment or Corps in the British Army should have such a relevant document as approved by the Army Dress Committee......

Yes I know it never does work as its meant to! Never did......

6. ok cheers so far , my cadet unit is affiliated to 103 RA (v) , having been transfered from another to take command, so i am learning as much as i can.

7. I have a copy of this, but it doesn't list any the individual Regimental (and sometimes Battery) peculiarities. I think it would be thicker than the bible if it did!

I hear the old saying that if two Gunner officers turned up dressed alike, the junior one has to go and change something!

8. I have a copy of this, but it doesn't list any the individual Regimental (and sometimes Battery) peculiarities. I think it would be thicker than the bible if it did!

I hear the old saying that if two Gunner officers turned up dressed alike, the junior one has to go and change something!

9. RA Dress regs are about to be reissued - with pictures

As a general rule SSgt and below no belt (unless in 3 RHA who still wear the black belt with brass facings) FADs No 2 dress will come with a belt but Regts will adopt thier own practice (as now)

10. Is that so that the Gun End can understand? ;)

Hope all is well, by the way!

11. yes

and me

12. DARTH this is the absolute truth:

FADS number 2 dress will come with shoes, in future drill will be done in shoes as the dress is tailored to shoes not boots

Service dress (No 2s) will be an issue item from Gnr to Brig

working dress will rtn as will barrack dress

Combats will be reserved for ex and Ops

One of the options being seriously looked at for Combat wear was/is DPM boots!!

I mean how do you polish them?!!

13. DPM boots !? will shite on the parade square

14. Well honestly Wittmann - with elbow grease and high standards - what else? :D

I agree - they sound a bit...well...American don't they? ;)

15. It's all B*ll*cks really, some one some where gets an MBE for making up RA dress regs for all to follow, but then every unit does it's own thing anyway!