Army Rumour Service

Register a free account today to join our community
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site, connect with other members through your own private inbox and will receive smaller adverts!

No way are you getting mummies money

"Mr Burgess, whose claim has been strongly supported by his glamorous Brazilian wife,"

You have to hand it to the DM, despite all the death and family bitterness, they still manage to slip a bit of titillation in there!

I would, for the record.

"Mr Burgess, whose claim has been strongly supported by his glamorous Brazilian wife,"

You have to hand it to the DM, despite all the death and family bitterness, they still manage to slip a bit of titillation in there!

I would, for the record.

Am surprised they didn't actually mention a house price in specific, unless they already did by mentioning the estate price. I have no idea what the hell an estate really is - is it single or combined in whole from multiple assets?

Am surprised they didn't actually mention a house price in specific, unless they already did by mentioning the estate price. I have no idea what the hell an estate really is - is it single or combined in whole from multiple assets?

"Estate" is the sum total of all assets. House, cash in bank, investments, property, car, etc.

I would
, for the record.

I don't find him that attractive

When Mrs B's Dad died, his entire estate (what was left of it after his divorce that is) went to wife No.2.

Mrs B's sisters still have in their heads that somehow they will get their "proper share" when she eventually snuffs it because that is what he had told them.

Not a hope: nothing documented, all discretionary on her, she has two children and three grandchildren of her own. But the sisters are continually crapping on about going to lawyers.

These two are going to law about the difference between getting £500k and £600k each. Wonder if they have ever heard of Jarndyce v Jarndyce.

Which, just prove life is stranger than ficton, was based off the Jennens litigation that had been long running when Dickens wrote the story. And eventually ran for 115 years

William Jennens - Wikipedia

Last edited:
A friend of mine moved overseas some years ago, ( shes hard work) her sister and her didnt speak much, for a variety of reasons,her father passed away and she heard nothing about it, in spite of visiting him in Hospital when she flew here
much later she finds the old boy had passed away, her sister had flogged the house, flogged a few other valuables and flogged the leases he held on many properties
not in the millions as its ooop North and you can buy a street for 50p allegedly ( its all Stanis living there now)
however she always knew her as her half sister, as a spiteful aunt told her father that another bloke from the factory was sliding the salami with mum

she asked me about dealing with it, and I said a visit from me and a chat might save time and money
nope she went to a solicitor in my town, one I had used for a case who seemed to have the ability to ask for money and then more money, never complete the task requested, and then use the services of an office junior

I explained this to her and said they would bleed you dry of any money left by your father, of course greed played a part, she wanted all of the money as her step sister was not entitled to any of it, and the dodgy legal bloke she used did not do the basic checks for other siblings

so it goes to court and step sister is given a choice cough all the dosh or take a paternity test
which she put off doing for a while
eventually step sister did a paternity test (DNA and stuff) at a very expensive lab
results comes back

they are siblings
same father
same mother
so half the dosh to my friend
except later on when she has a few money problems I ask her why she has not used the money in the UK
yep you get it
mahhoosive bill from solicitors and various other legal and technical peeps
swallowed every penny
they still dont speak
made the papers as well, first case of its kind
I cycle past the offices of the solicitors
by heck they have some nice motor cars parked behind their very expensive block of offices